Chapter Sixty Eight 'Joker's Sadness'

Ember's POV
"Don't you think you're taking this a little too far Ember?" Alexander bit out as he stalked towards me, fists still balled tightly at his sides.
"I'm taking things too far?! Are you serious?!" I screeched standing my ground throwing him a look of hatred.
The nerve of this man!
"Yes! I offer you a home, love and a new life away from that abuser so why do you continue to defy me at every opportunity?!" He snapped, eyes going black and cold.
"A new life at the cost of my child's!" I growled suddenly marching forwards, ignoring the glass that sliced into my feet.
Throwing my hand out I let my palm make hard contact with Alexander's face causing his head to snap to the side.
"You're just as bad as Mr J....actually no you're worst! You pathetic low life creep!" I chuckled giving him another slap making my hand sting for the shear force.
I continued my assault as my excitement grew seeing the side of his face swell up. I wanted to wipe that annoying smirk of his idiotic little face.
"ENOUGH!" Alexander roared freezing me in place and I dropped my hand quickly.
I knew exactly when I needed to stop and now was the case, I wasn't here to win battles! I was here to win the war!
I would do it slowly but I would do it all the same and in the end all my enemies will be a pile of ash by my feet.

Spitting out some blood and shaking his head Alexander turned his gaze back onto me. The look in his eyes was quite terrifying but for once I remained stoic, there was no way I would ever let him see me terrified again. Showing the enemy you weakness was the biggest mistake you could make, I didn't need Mr J to teach me that it was a known fact.
A gasp of shock left me as Alexander suddenly grabbed my neck and crashed his lips against mine, moving them furiously as I fought to get away. I slammed my fists against him, dragged my nails down his chest collecting pieces of his skin as clawed but it was to no avail, the harder I fought the harder he kissed.

"You infuriate me!" Alexander growled as he pulled away and shook me by the neck.
I choked and spluttered helplessly before he roughly threw me to the ground causing me to scream out in agony as the broken glass now scraped across every inch of my body.
Looking up at him collected all the saliva I could and spat it straight at him with a mean glare.
"If you want to act like a wild animal then I'm going to treat you like one! It's obvious you do not appreciate my my generosity, men take her back to the dungeons where she can stay huddled up with that blonde prositute!" Alexander barked orders at his men and I reared back slightly as they walked towards me.
"Get your stinking hands off me!" I protested feeling my arms being pulled on painfully as I was dragged to my feet.

The sound of a mobile ringing caused the room to fall silent. Many of us looked around for the source of the noise until Alexander pulled his phone out his pocket and smirked evilly.
"Well well look who it is my dear rose!" He chuckled turning his phone towards me.

It was Mr J! He was phoning Alexander right this second! My heart began to pound as many different emotions ran through me

It was Mr J!
He was phoning Alexander right this second!
My heart began to pound as many different emotions ran through me.
Had he found out where I was?! Was he coming to get me?! Was he in on it?!
I felt excited but also terrified yet whatever happened I needed to remain focused.

"Gag her!" Alex snapped his fingers as he went to answer the phone.
"No! Mr J! Ple...mmmmhmmmmhhmmmm" I tried to get out before some sort of cloth was placed in my mouth and I gagged unable to remove.
I stood there held in place, gagged and dreading the next few moments. For the first time in my life I prayed it was going to be positive news, I needed some!

"J my man what's........no! That can't be, they're missing even Diamond!....they were ran off the road.....J I'm so sorry this awful you know I love them like family! I agree it has to do with the person fucking up our missions, now they're trying to hurt our loved ones.......damn man we need to do something! Whoever did this needs to die the most painfully death possible!....yeah....yeah.....of course I'd be happy to help you find them what are friends for after all?!.... don't worry J I'm sure they're closer than you think....yeah I'll be right over....see you soon....bye J" Alexander remained calm on the phone while flashing me a Cheshire grin for the whole conversation.

He was a very sick man!
I couldn't hear anything from Mr J but from what Alexander had said it was obvious my clown remained clueless to who really was the enemy. Surely there was something wrong with him, it wasn't like Joker not to sniff a rat out straight away.
I just hope he managed to click on soon otherwise we'll all be dead..............

Earlier
"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" Joker spat at himself slamming his head against the office wall until his vision blurred but maybe that was from the tears.
It had been days and there was still no sign of his family, every dilemma or situation he thought of always became a dead end of frustration and more tears. Joker didn't think it was possible for him to cry until now. His cold shattered heart beat painfully in his chest, the urge to rip it out was so appealing in these moments. I mean what was he without his family?!
Before Ember came along it was easy for him to bounce back, he had no cares but over the last few years his world had been built around those two beautiful females.
Oh his little clown....so precious so perfect, if anything had happened to her he'd never forgive himself, ever!
Of course he loved his little doll but with Diamond it was a different love all together, never had he experienced such a connection with such a tiny human. When it came to her Joker was a wimp hell even he couldn't deny the tears that fell the day he lost his temper with her.

And now the one thing that brought his such joy was gone......
The only thing he had left was her bloodied teddy which remained tightly in his arms along with the pillow he had soaked with Ember's favourite perfume. This was the only way he could feel close to them now and that.....hurt him.
For once in his life Joker could admit that this situation was enterally his fault, if he hadn't of slept with that woman his family would still be at home safe.
Letting out a sigh the clown grabbed the photograph of his family and stared at it longingly. He wasn't sure how long he could go on without them, he needed them back!
Curling up Joker remained hid in the corner and continued to weep for the life that had been ripped from him.

Frosty gagged as the stench of decaying bodies hit him. He had entered the house into a scene of absolute chaos. Decorating the floor were some of Joker's men, the majority had been recently killed the others not so much. Their skin looked like it was beginning to melt of their bones. He had only been gone for a few days in search of his family and Joker had completely cracked, not that he blamed him Frosty had spent a lot of sleepless nights trapped in his own thoughts of finding the girls dead. It plagued his mind until he had no choice but to reach for the bottle.
The once nice home couldn't even be counted as a house now, it had been torn apart.
Taking a deep breath Frosty set out to find his friend which wasn't hard as Joker's bloodied foot prints stood out from among the mess.

Reaching the office door he quietly turned the handle not wanting to disturb the broken man inside. This all soon changed as Frosty caught a glimpse of J sat there with the barrel of a gun pressed hard into his chin.
He was going to kill himself!
As quickly as he could Frosty sprinted towards him and smacked the gun right out the clowns hand causing it to fly across the room.
"What are you doing J?!" Frosty demanded feeling himself go into panic mode.
"Oh Frosty.....they're gone.....I've lost them......I've lost them....." Joker croaked out beginning to cry once more.
Frosty had never seen his friend look so bad, it was quite haunting how close to death he appeared. His face was now hollowed out from starvation, his face seemed to be even more white, the eyes that were once darkened with makeup now didn't need any, they looked so dark and tired. He also smelt but Frosty didn't care about the appearance of his friend all that mattered was helping him.

Without thinking of the consequences he gathered the clown in his arms and gently rocked him like you would a baby. There Joker continued to sob, not bothered by how weak he appeared.

You see even the worst of people get sad sometimes.........