Chapter Twenty Four 'Who Is She?'

Ember's POV
"Harley when were you going to tell me?!" I squealed looking at the ring which graced her left hand.
"Oh I totally forgot to take it off!" She gasped with wide eyes bringing her to her chest and covering it.
"Take it off! Why?" I questioned with a slight smile.
"We were wanting to keep it a secret but it's ok if you know! We can trust you to keep a secret" Pamela smile at me.
"Of course I won't say anything I swear! Congratulations!" I grinned feeling my insides bubbling in excitement.
"Thank you little doll!" They both smiled in unison.
"Ooooo now that you know I can show you my dress!" Harley squeaked grabbing my hand and pulling me off the sofa.
"Go on I'll stay here" Pamela smirk shaking her head.

Laughing at Harley's happy skip I let her pull me into the bedroom.

"Have I ever told you how much I love this place!" I exclaimed looking around in awe

"All the time little doll" she giggled still dragging me until we reached another set of doors.
Pulling out a key she let out an excited squeal before unlocking the one of the doors before turning to me.
"Are ya ready?!" Harley chirped bouncing on her toes.
"Do you even need to ask?" I replied sarcastically giving her a smile.
Taking a deep breath so took hold of the handle and slowly opened the door.
Stepping inside after her a quiet gasp left my lips as I saw her wedding dress on display in the middle of the room.

Oh my! It was beautiful! Far from traditional but that didn't matter, it was Harley

Oh my!
It was beautiful!
Far from traditional but that didn't matter, it was Harley.
Everything about the dress was just Harley.
"It's perfect harls, I love it" I grinned squeezing her hand.
"There's something I need to ask you" she whispered nervously.
"Of course" I smiled encouragingly.
"Well since I became Harley my family have shut me out and I have no friends. I thought since you're the closest I have to family you might want to walk me down the aisle" she smiled, tears gathered within her eyes.
"Oh Harley I'd love to!" I squealed pulling her into my arms.
"Thank you!" She sang kissing my cheek.

Pulling away I glanced back at the dress feeling sadness come over me.
I would never have this.
I knew Mr J would never marry me so there was no dress or ring in my future.
"I think puddin will marry you one day" Harley spoke up as if she had read my thoughts.
"Good one Harley!" I laughed sadly.
"No! He will! You've changed him!" She exclaimed.
"The Joker could never change" I whimpered trying to hold my emotions together.

"But he has! Puddin would never tell anyone he loved them but he constantly says it to you and Diamond. He used to be disgusted when I wanted to spend normal time with him but these days it's an regular occurrence to find you guys snuggled together watching a movie. I've never seen him watch a movie in the years I was with him. Puddin used to leave me to get captured but as soon as you're in trouble he turns the world upside down to protect you. You also have little Diamond and instead of raising her to be bad like we though he would, he's raising her to be good and kind just like you. Frosty's and Abby's wedding he even told you he would marry you. Please don't give up hope of marriage and I'm out of breath the end!" Harley breathed out with a big sigh.

"I just don't know Harley! After nearly four years I have no idea where I stand with him. Do you really think he'll marry me?" I smiled sadly.
"Yes talk to him you'll see!" She grinned.
"Thanks Harley"
"Now lets back to Pamela to talk about that soul snatching bitch!" She spat, her face suddenly going dark.
"Harley don't talk about her that way!" I exclaimed sternly which she replied with a scoff.

"So who is she?" I questioned as I faced Harley and Pamela on the opposite sofa.
"Home wrecker!" Harley spat.
"My love please go prepare the coffee for us" Pamela ordered sweetly shooing Harley away.
Once Harley had disappeared of to the kitchen Pamela turned her attention back to me.
"So where were we" she smiled.
"Tell me about her please" I whispered.

"Of course my rose. Her name is Melody Colette Akers, she's twenty one years old born to Dr Steven Akers and kindergarten teacher Emily Smith. Originally from Tampa Florida where she excelled in school and was part of the church choir. She's a very devoted catholic girl who's dream was to the nunnery as a child. As she grew older she packed her things and moved to Boston where she studied to be a Veterinary Nurse. Four months ago she packed up once again and moved to Gotham to live with a friend who is studying Bio Chemistry" Pamela explained watching me closely for my reaction.

"Any criminal records or any criminal activity she might be involved in?" I whispered in the hopes they'd be at least something bad about her.
"No, nothing" she sighed.
"Oh so she's just a regular good church going girl" I said more to myself.
"For now! I still say you let me take her out. If it makes you feel better I'll do it quickly" Harley chirped entering the room with a tray of coffee goodness.
"No Harley! She's done nothing wrong. As far as I'm concerned Melody is an innocent bystander and I just hope for her own sanity and well being she doesn't get caught up in the world of The Joker like we did" I exhaled mournfully.
"Whatever you say but the offer is there" she replied with a sadistic grin.

"Don't worry guys I promise all will be well. Why don't we have a nice coffee and focus on your big day, I'd love to know all about it" I smiled trying to change the subject.
It worked as soon as I said big day Harley couldn't keep her mouth shut.
I felt so happy and at peace with them!
I'd stay here forever but I had peanut so I'd have to go home eventually but not now.

A/n
Hey guys just letting you know its finals week in uni so my updates might be a little scarce while I try to finish all my work. I'm really sorry I'm under a lot of stress but I wanted to get a chapter out for you. 😊💜💚