01 [ 07 ]

☆ ☆ ☆

I stop him just in time, the knife just inches away from my face as I try to push him off me.

"Clint, stop." I grunted, trying to get through to him. "Don't do this. This isn't you!"

I bridge, throwing him off guard and rolling him to the side. I quickly disarm him before kicking the blade across the floor.

The roles were reversed. Now, I was the one pinning him down with my forearm across his neck.

"Please, Clint." I pleaded, "I don't want to hurt you.

He continues to retaliate, successfully knocking me off him in the midst of his struggle.

I scramble to my feet as Clint takes a swing at me, but I manage to grab his arm, using the momentum to swing my legs up and around his neck. I let myself fall, taking him down with me.

He crashes to the ground, groaning. I seize the opportunity as he turns, to pull him into a chokehold.

He puts up a good fight, digging his fingers into the wound in my leg. I let out a cry in pain, causing me to lose my grip.

Clint takes another swing, which I dodged easily.

I drop to my knees, sliding down low and kicking his legs out from beneath him. Quickly, I gain the upper hand as I pinned him down once again.

My glance dart from the Clint to the lever and back again, torn about what to do. Stark needs my help.

I look down at Clint, who was still struggling wildly under me.

"I'm sorry, Clint." I ball my fist, bringing it down hard. Punching him over and over again until he was out.

I scramble to my feet and rush to the lever, pulling at it with all my might.

"No, no!" I grunted in frustration.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see a figure climbing onto the ledge. Immediately, I knew who it was.

"Captain," I say as he pulls himself onto the ledge. "It's stuck!"

He nods, rushing over to help me. With our strengths combined, but mostly the Captain's, the lever goes down with ease.

"Watch out!" Steve yells, tackling me down as bullets started to rain down on us again.

Just then, a blur of red flies past us, ramming the hostile into the wall. Steve rolls off me, letting out a sigh of relief.

After taking a moment to catch his breath he turns his attention back to me.

"Are you hurt?" He asks, his eyes filled with concern.

"Well, I-" I whimper as I try to get up but the wrenching pain makes me flop back down.

"We need to stop the bleeding." He says, looking around for any something that could help.

"Artemis." I hear Fury's voice in my ear, "Can you hear me?"

A part of me wants to snap at him for using that name, but the rest of me was in too much pain to care.