03 [ 06 ]

☆ ☆ ☆

I tap my foot on the ground, nervously watching on from above as Steve, Nat and the King returned to their positions with the rest of the troops after a chat with Thanos' men.

Shuri had just started her work on Vision behind me and Wanda was constantly by his side, clutching his hand tightly in hers. But I, however, was stuck up here. When all I really wanted to do was be down there with him.

The guilt of the fight we just had gnaws at the back of my head, even though I tried to push it aside for now. He was right, I was being unreasonable.

I sucked in a breath as I watched a horde of rabid alien dogs pour out of their vessels in numbers far larger than our own, successfully distracting me from my thoughts.

"Oh god." I mumbled to myself as I watch the horde charge forward, only to run into the forcefield that separated them from Wakanda.

But that doesn't seem to stop them. The creatures claw at the dome, managing to squeeze their limbs and bodies through but to no avail. The creatures continue pushing forward as they self-mutilate themselves in the process of trying to get in.

A few of the alien creatures manage to make their way through the shield only to be shot down by our troops opening fire.

I watched as Sam and Rhodey flew over the group, dropping explosives on the creatures, but it doesn't seem to do anything to slow them down.

The creatures start circling around the dome, breaking off from their larger groups and away from our defensive teams.

"On my signal, open North-West section seventeen." I hear the King order through my Comms.

"Requesting confirmation, my King. You said open the barrier?" One of His people asks.

"On my signal." The King confirms.

I grunt in frustration, watching helplessly as the team starts to charge forward and the barrier opens, allowing the creatures to pour into the green fields.

My eyes find Steve amongst the group as he, along with the Black Panther pull drastically ahead of the group and leap into battle.

"How much longer, Shuri?" The King asks.

"We've barely begun, Brother." Shuri answers.

"You might want to pick up the pace." He says before his comms go dead once again.

I turn to Shuri and Vision, knowing that I won't be able to help myself if I just continued to watch on and not do anything.

"How are things?" I ask, studying the intricate construction of gold light before my eyes.

"It's more complicated than I've expected." She answers, her fingers continuing to move, "It'll take a little longer, but I'll get it done."

I nod, silently chewing at my nails unconsciously.

My eyes dart back to the battle scene, unable to keep away. In the few minutes that I've diverted my attention, the numbers of these mindless creatures seemed to have grown, quickly overwhelming our team.