03 [ 07 ]

☆ ☆ ☆

Just as thoughts of the worst cross my mind, the intruder is tackled down by Vision. The two of them stumble across the floor, before smashing through a window.

"Vision!" I call, running to the edge of the shattered window.

"Guys, we've got a Vision situation here." Sam announces through the comms.

"Somebody get to Vision!" Steve yells.

"I got it." Bruce answers, followed by Wanda.

With two of them rushing to the aid of Vision, I take a little time to check on the Guards who had been injured.

"Shuri." I rush over, helping her up, "Are you alright?"

"Guys, Vision needs backup!" Bruce yells, through the Comms.

"I'm fine." She answers, "Go. Don't let him get the stone."

I nod, grabbing my weapons that had scattered across the floor before summoning up a portal and jumping into it.

I emerge on the other side to see that the creature plunging the blade of his glaive into Vision's chest.

Immediately, I rush forward, tackling the enemy onto the ground.

"I'm here. I've got Vision." I reply, drawing my blades once again, ready to take him on.

"You don't know when to give up do you?" The creature corks his head at me.

"That's not really my style." I twirl my blades in my hands, getting into a battle stance, "Show me what you've got, Freak."

He charges at me, swinging its glaive. I jump back, barely missing his attacks. He tries once more and I duck under, taking the opportunity to attack.

I finally manage to land a hit, slicing my blade at him. The creature stumbles back, clutching the gash across his abdomen, but otherwise looks unharmed.

He looks up at me and snarls as if nothing had even happened.

I curse under my breath, looking back at Vision who was slumped over on the ground, too weak to move.

I block just in time as the creature's blade comes crashing down again. I dig my heels into the ground, fighting against his force.

I take a step back and immediately slide under, taking my opponent by surprise. I send a kick his way, aiming for his knees causing him to stumble.

Just in time, Steve comes charging in, taking him down.

"Get him out of here!" He yells, exchanging blows with the Creature.

I find myself torn and having to pick between the people I care about for the second time today. The last thing I wanted was for Steve to have to fight alone.

"Go!" He yells again.

I let out a grunt in annoyance, setting my mind on what needs to be done. I rush over to help Vision up, draping his arm over my shoulder.