02 [ 01 ]

☆ ☆ ☆

An ear-splitting screech sounds throughout the hallways, making me wince.

"Where did that come from?" I thought aloud.

I pause in my tracks to listen as an unfamiliar voice spoke.

"Worthy?" A raspy voice slurs, "No, how could you be worthy? You're all killers."

That doesn't sound like anything good. I quickened my steps, a bad feeling sinking in my stomach.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep." The voice speaks again, "Or I was a dream."

I tried my best to determine the source but came up with nothing. It sounded as if it was coming from all around me.

"There was a terrible noise and I was tangled up in-in strings." It says, sounding confused, "I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy."

I cursed under my breath, breaking into a run as soon as I spot a light at the end of the hallway.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But in the real world, we're faced with ugly choices."

The voice sounds as if it's speaking to someone. The only logical assumption is it's speaking to the Avengers.

Suddenly, I hear Tony's voice, but it sounded more like a recording.

"I see a suit of armour around the world." He says.

The hallway felt like it was never-ending. Frustration was building up in me as the seconds went by. When finally, I was able to hear Bruce's voice, soft and muffled, but there.

"Ultron!" He says.

I couldn't see his face, but I could hear the surprise in his voice.

"In the flesh." Ultron says, his voice drowning out all other sounds, "Or not yet, not this chrysalis. But I'm ready, I'm on a Mission.

"What Mission?" I hear my Sister ask as I reach the end of the hall.

"Peace of our time." Ultron replies.

I reach a opening at the end of the hallway. It took awhile, but I got there. Finally, I see the face attached to that strange voice, a really torn up one, made up of ragged metal.

Just a second later, Tony's Legion bots smashes through the walls and straight at the team.

"Steve!" I yell as I watched a bot go straight for him.

Quickly, I summon up a portal and jump into it, coming out right just in time to tackle Steve to the ground, my forcefield shielding us from the Iron Legion as it crashes into us, but it still does send us tumbling back.

"Hey." I greet, landing on top of Steve, "I heard there was a party. I'm not late, am I?"

He breaks into a smile, "I think you're just in time."

I roll off him, helping him to his feet. I follow his gaze to an Iron Legion flying above and firing shots down at us.

"Need some help getting up there?" I ask, before opening another portal, "Step in."