02 [ 11 ]

☆ ☆ ☆

I emerge from the portal on top of the roof of the U-Gin Genetic's research lab. Immediately, I spot Steve hanging off the roof of a moving truck.

I curse under my breath as I watch the door get blasted off, taking Steve along with it. Through some stroke of luck, he manages to cling onto the truck, but that was all I got to witness before the truck zooms out of sight.

Quickly, I summon up a portal before jumping into it and to Steve's aid. The portal deposits me onto the truck, where Steve had managed to climb onto again.

I duck as soon as my feet hit the metal roof, just in time to miss Steve's shield. It flies over my head, hitting Ultron off the roof. But he recovers, returning shots back towards us.

A portal opens between us and Ultron, engulfing the shots before another one opens behind the bot, causing him to shoot himself in the back.

Steve throws his shield once again, but this time, towards me. Just as it reaches me, I kick it, sinking it into Ultron's chest.

"Stop it!" He huffs, plucking it out of his chest and tossing it onto the road.

I brought my arms up to shield my face as Ultron fired a blast of energy at me. I dig the heels of my feet into the metal beneath me as the force from the blast pushes me back to the edge of the roof.

The veins on my hands had started to purple as the energy that had been absorbed rushed through me.

I broke into a forward roll, swiftly dodging another blast that Ultron had fired at me before getting back onto my feet and charging forward. I could still feel the energy rushing through my veins, causing my ears to buzz.

I flung myself at Ultron, ignoring the pain in my side as I crashed into the hard metal that he was made out of. I stumbled back, taking Ultron with me into the portal I had open behind us.

Before I knew it, we were being spat out the other end of the portal and Ultron smashed into the metal roof beneath me, making a deep dent in it.

I use the energy I've absorbed from Ultron's previous attempted attack to fire back at him. However, he was able to evade the blow, resulting in a large hole in the top of the roof.

Ultron fires another blast at Steve who was charging at him, sending him flying over the edge of the truck and onto the road.

"Steve!" I yell, summoning up another portal just before he hits the ground.

The portal opens, dropping him on Ultron's back. The bot manages to shake him off, holding him by his neck.

"Cam!" I hear Nat's voice call just then.

I peer over the edge of the roof to see Nat right beside us.

"Catch!" She yells before she tosses Steve shield towards me.

I catch it, flunking the shield at Ultron and then kicking it back again as it ricochets back.

He flies across the roof, looking more enraged than before. Energy hums as he pulls a chunk of the ground up, just before Nat's bike.