04 [ 17 ]

☆ ☆ ☆

CAMILLE

The battle has been going on for what felt like forever. I took down another alien creature, it's been so many that I've started to lose count.

I groan as I looked out to see the sea of Thanos's army, unrelenting and seemingly doubling in size.

"Cap, what do you want me to do with this damn thing?" Clint comms in.

"Get those stones as far away as possible!" Steve instructs.

"No!" Bruce yells, "We need to get them back where they came from!"

Relief fills my chest as I spot Clint running through the crowd. Five were accounted for, leaving just one-Nat.

If it wasn't for these circumstances, I would've gone looking for her. But it seems my assistance was needed here on the battlefield. A bad feeling gnaws away at me and I quickly shake it off, regaining my focus just in time to duck as shots are fired where my head should've been.

I get my head back in the game, nocking my bow and opening a portal in front of me to give me a clear view of the Chariots in the sky as I shot them down.

"No way to get them back, Thanos destroyed the quantum tunnel." Tony joins the conversation.

"Hold on!" Scott yells into the comms, making me flinch. "That was not our only time machine."

A muffled anthem starts to play through the battlefield.

I furrow my brows at the familiar melody, "Is that 'La Cucaracha'?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's catchy isn't it?" Scott replies sounding a little too enthusiastic.

"It fits the bug theme." I sigh, shooting Steve a look, "Does that thing really work?"

Steve shrugs, "Sort of. It's not ideal but right now, it's our only shot." He then comms in to the rest of the team, "Anyone sees an ugly brown van out there?"

"Yes." Steve gets a reply almost immediately from Valkyrie who was flying above, "But you're not going to like where it's parked." Steve and I exchange a concerned glance.

"Scott, how long do you need to get that thing working?" Tony asks.

"Maybe ten minutes." He answers.

"Get started," Steve instructs, "We'll bring the stones to you."

"We're on it, Cap." Hope replies.

I scan the battlefield, my eyes landing on T'Challa clinging onto the Gauntlet as if for dear life as Peter swoops in to take it from him. In front of them was Wanda, who had Thanos at her mercy, the closest anyone has ever gotten to him.

"Rain fire!" I faintly hear Thanos yell, "Just do it!"

My eyes instinctively darted to the sky, where weapons attached to the ships above were being adjusted to point down at us.

"Get down!" I yell as shots started pouring down at us.

I immediately raise a forcefield as big as I can get over us, shielding as many people as I could from the blast.