01 [ 11 ]

☆ ☆ ☆

We manage to board the Quinjet without much complications and soon, we were in the sky, on our way to the Stark Tower with Nat and Clint piloting the bird.

I join Clint and my sister in front, looking out the windscreen.

"You know, I could fly too." I suggest.

"Sure, you can." Clint says sarcastically, "But we wouldn't want everyone on here to throw up, now do we?" He says, making Nat snicker.

I glare at him, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I'm just saying, you're not the steadiest pilot." He shrugs.

"Well, guess who taught me how to fly." I raise a brow at Clint.

"And I did a good job, you were a great pilot then." He says, "I don't know what happened in the next couple of years but you got sloppy."

I roll my eyes, glancing at Steve who had the widest smile on his face as he tried to fight back a laugh.

"Not you too, Cap." I return to my seat next to him, shooting him a pointed look.

"I wasn't laughing." Steve says in his defensive.

I narrow my eyes at him, making him laugh.

"I wasn't." He insists with a grin.

The lighthearted banter is soon replaced by tension in the air as a figure appears by the ramp.

Steve and I are immediately on our feet and I nock an arrow, ready to take on the figure.

"Loki." Steve spat.

"What the hell is going on back there?" Nat yells from the pilot seat, trying to steal a glance at the situation at hand.

"Focus on flying this thing." Steve simply replies.

The God laughs, "Of course. We wouldn't want to crash, would we?"

"What do you want?" I gritted my teeth.

"The same thing you do." He replies, passing his sceptre from one hand to the other, "I want to know what this did to you."

My heart skipped a beat and I knew he saw the flicker of curiosity in my eyes.

"So, indeed you have seen the changes. You feel it, don't you?" Loki sneers.

I could feel the Captain's eyes on me now, boring holes into me.

"What is he talking about?" Steve asks the worry evident in the way his voice trembles slightly as he speaks.

I glance at Steve wanting to explain, but I just couldn't find the words to.

"To be quite honest with you, not even I know what it has done to you. I've never quite seen anything like this before." Loki disregards Steve, "But I'm willing to help you figure this out. Just as long as you join me." He says, offering me a hand.

I stare at his hand, unconsciously lowering my bow.

"Come on, now." Loki prompts, "You know you want to."

"Cam!" Clint's voice snap me out of my trance.

"Maybe I wasn't clear enough the first time." I say, drawing my bow again, "You can go to hell."

I release the bowstring, letting the arrow free. But just like he did before, he disappears and the arrow sinks into the metal wall of the Quintjet.

"Then you shall die." The god appears again, this time inches away from me as he grabs my hand.

"Camille!" Steve yells, charging forward.

He moves to attack Loki, but before I knew it, I  wasn't in the Quinjet anymore.

I was free falling, thousands of feet in the air at rapid speeds towards the ground beneath me.

This is it. This is how I die.

I shut my eyes right, preparing myself for what's to come.

A sound of electric crackling makes my eyes snap open once again. I catch a glimpse of purple before my body collided with hard metal.

I gasp, looking up to see a ring of purple hovering over me with a clear depiction of the sky between it. The ring seems to close in on itself before it disappears in a flash.

"What the hell." I muttered, still breathing hard.

"Oh, thank god." Nat's shoulders slump as she heaved a sigh of relief and Clint does the same.

Steve is kneeling next to me in an instant, his eyes searching me for injuries.

"Is she hurt?" Nat asks, twisting in her seat to look at us.

"No, she's fine." Steve replies, "Physically, at least." He mumbles, too soft for Nat to hear as he notices how shaken I am.

"Hey, look at me." He gently tilts my head up with a finger under my chin so that I was looking at him, "Are you okay?" He asks, his brows knitted together.

I recollect myself, swallowing hard at the lump in my throat before nodding. "I'll be fine." I force a smile.

Steve nods and I'm thankful that none of them presses on.

Worry is still clearly written on his face as he helps me back to my seat.

"I'm fine, worrywart." I tease.

He finally smiles and I could see some of the tension leaving his shoulders.

When he looks at me, his eyes is filled with newfound determination, "We'll stop him." He takes my hand in his, squeezing it gently and reassuringly.

"Get ready." Clint announces.

"Stark, we're on your three, headed north-east." Nat notifies Stark.

"What? Did you stop for drive thru?" Stark comms in, "Swing up Park. I'll lay them out for you."

I got up from my seat and approached the front of the jet. My eyes widened at the sight of the amount of chaos Loki was already able to ensue on our Earth.

War had just began.