04 [ 18 ]

☆ ☆ ☆

CAMILLE

I shield myself as Thanos throws his blade at the quantum tunnel, sending a huge blast across the battlefield as the van explodes.

Danvers is sent flying back, losing her grip on the Gauntlet.

I draw my bow, continuously shooting arrows at Thanos as he starts making his way towards the Stones but he easily swats them away like flies.

A bolt of lightning suddenly comes down on me and the electric current is immediately absorbed and thrumming under my skin. I clap my hands together and a bolt of lightning is sent shorting towards Thanos and knocking him off his feet.

"Camille!" Thor yells, swinging Mjolnir towards me as he charges to my aid.

I hold out my hand and the hammer comes flying into my hand and I swing it at the Titan before he could get up, causing him to fall back down onto his knees.

I let go of the hammer and it goes flying back to Thor, who uses it to smash down on Thanos while I try to reach the Gauntlet, but the Titan somehow grabs me before I could and flunks me to the side.

I come crashing down onto the ground, hard. But any wounds that I have obtained from the collision soon heal with the remaining energy I have absorbed from the lightning.

I use whatever is left of the lightning, shooting another bolt of lightning at the Titan who groans as it hits him, but otherwise seems unfazed as he fights off Thor.

The God of Thunder tries to land an attack again, swinging Stormbreaker at Thanos before tossing Mjolnir back to me.

I take another swing and the hammer successfully collides with the Titan's jaw, the impact sends him onto the ground once again and Thor uses the opportunity to bring his axe down on him to try to land the final blow.

However, Thanos manages to stop the axe before it could sink into his chest. I pass Mjolnir back to Thor, who catches it and uses it to push down on his axe.

Quickly, I draw my blades as Steve joins us, leaping onto the Titan's back and helping Thor with his.

I charge forward, sinking my blade into his side through his broken armour.

He cries in pain, but still somehow has the energy to shake us all off him. He pulls Steve off his back, slamming him down on the ground before sending a punch down on him.

I push myself back onto my feet, rushing forward before he could reach the Gauntlet, but I was too late. Just as he picks the Gauntlet up, Danvers comes down on him, throwing several punches at him, but he catches her arm just as she was about to land another one and tosses her aside.

"No!" I yell as he fits the glove onto his hand.

I open another portal and stepped through it, and it drops me in front of Thanos. I secure a grip on the Gauntlet, but my strength was no match for his.

Thankfully, Danvers backs me up, holding him down as I try to pry the glove off him. Thanos tries to get Danvers off him, trying to headbutt her but she doesn't budge.

Quickly realising that he's becoming overpowered, the Titan grabs the power stone off the glove, using it to throw a punch at Danvers and this time, it works. Danvers goes flying into a pile of rubble and I'm left to fend for myself alone.

He turns on me next, throwing a punch at me using the power stone. I raise a shield up in front of me and brace myself for the impact.

As his fist collided with my shield, the power gums and goes surging through my shield and I feel it coursing through my veins like it did five years ago in Wakanda.

I throw a couple of punches at him and he staggers backwards, the shock evident in his eyes.
Despite my best efforts to stop him, he manages to return the power stone to the Gauntlet, raising his hand he prepares for the snap when Tony tackles him to the ground.

Thanos laughs as he picks himself up from the ground.

"Pathetic." He spat, "I am inevitable."

My heart drops as he raises his gloved hand again, bringing his fingers together before he snaps.

Relief fills my chest as nothing happens and he turns to look at his fist, only to realise that the gauntlet was empty.

Worry fills my heart again and my heart squeezes as I see Tony with the stones fit perfectly in a makeshift gauntlet built into his suit.

He turns to Thanos, his eyes fixed on him with determination.

"And I..." He groans as the energy shoots throw him, "Am Ironman."

"Tony, no!" I yell as he snaps, a wave of energy sweeps through the battlefield.

For a minute, it feels as if everything has slowed down and the opposing army starts to disappear and soon, it was Thanos himself who turns to ash.

I rush forward to Tony as he falls to the ground.

"Tony." I call, "Tony, look at me."

He does, looking up at me weakly, his eyes far away and lips pale.

"I can't lose you, too." I mutter.

He glances at me, his eyes coming back into focus, "You'll be fine." He smiles, "It's good to see you again, Cam."

My eyes flooded with tears as I look up at the blurry vision of Rhodey who lands beside me.

He moves forward, placing a gentle hand on the cheek of his bestfriend as his eyes started to glisten.

"Mr Stark?" I hear Peter's voice call from behind me, "Mr Stark, can you hear me? It's Peter. We won." He chokes, kneeling down in front of Tony.

"We won, you did it, Sir. We won." His voice trembles as he tries to hold back his tears, "I'm sorry."

"Tony!" Pepper calls as she arrives and I move to make space for her.

"Pep..." He mutters, his breathing ragged.

"FRIDAY?" She asks.

"Life functions." FIRDAY soon replies.

Pepper swallows hard, visibly broken as she watches the life slowly drain out of the man she loves right before her eyes.

"Tony, look at me." She says, placing her free hand on his cheek, "We're going be okay. You can rest now."

He forces a smile, struggling to speak, "T-three thousand." He mutters the words before he takes his last breath.

Pepper finally breaks, tears spilling freely down her face as she buries her face in Tony's chest. I reached out to her, squeezing her hand gently and takes my hand, taking comfort in the small gesture.

I shut my eyes, letting the tears roll down my cheeks. If we won, then why does it still feel like we've lost everything?