04 [ Epilogue ]

☆ ☆ ☆

NATASHA

Dear Cam,

If you're reading this, it means we've made it. We've succeeded. We've got you back. But it'll probably also mean that I didn't.

The past couple of years have showed me how erratic life can be. Therefore, I'm writing this letter to you so that I could have a peace of mind knowing that I've said the things I might never get the chance to otherwise.

I hope you know that everything I've done in my life, I've done for you, so that you could have a better future and a better life. I've never wanted you to live a life like I did. For years, I did everything in my power to keep you away out of the Red Room and away from S.H.I.E.L.D. I never wanted you to be in the line of danger as an agent.

But I see things more clearly now. Now, I know that all my worries were in vein. You have grown up to become such an amazing woman, a hero who is more than capable of defending herself and others. You've suffered in your life. But you took that pain and you turned it around, created something so beautiful. And for that, I couldn't be prouder.

We've built a family over the past couple of years. No doubt, a dysfunctional one, but still, one that I never thought I was worthy of having. One filled with people who loved me regardless of the mistakes that I've made and the flaws that I have. The years I've spent with them were the most memorable and I've never been happier in my entire life. I hope you will convey my thanks to them for that.

I want you to know that I've left this world with no regrets knowing that there are people in this world who will love and care for you, even if I won't be able to. Any sacrifice is worth it as long as it's for the people I love and more importantly, you.

It has been an honour and a privilege to have been able to watch you grow into the woman you are today. You're the strongest person I know and being able call you my sister has been the greatest pleasure of my life. There's something bittersweet about knowing that you'll do just fine without me, because that means you don't need me anymore. But then again, you never did.

Remember, take pride in the things that you've accomplished. You always underestimate yourself. But you have no idea how many times you've managed to surprise me. To be completely honest, at this point, I'm convinced you have the ability to move mountains.

I don't say this enough, but thank you for loving me, my dearest baby sister.

I love you, forever and always, and I'll always be by your side, every step of the way. This is not the end, my dear. We'll see each other again. Till that day comes, it's good bye for now.

Love,
Nat.