Send Help

I tried to push him off me, but I barley even moved him. I wished that I had super strength so I could defend myself in situations like this. I tried pushing him again as tears welled up in my eyes. Still didn't budge.
Jason didn't seem to mind. He just kept kissing me, even though my lips didn't respond. Jason pushed me up against a nearby tree, pressing his body to mine. I stood paralyzed as he started to move his hand "downstairs", he tugged at my pants button with clumsy fingers, trying to get it open.
"Get off me!" I attempted to say. I could hardly open my mouth because his lips were so tightly pressed to mine, my plea was probably inaudible.
I prayed that someone would walk by and see my struggle.
I can't believe this is happening right now. My heartbeat sped up, I was trying to think what to do. Hot tears fell down my cheeks.
I wasn't giving up though. This time I focused on trying to get all of my strength behind my push.
Shockingly enough, I felt Jason's pressure leave. His hands were no longer tightly gripping me and his lips had left mine. I saw Jason falling onto the sandy floor, looking up at my totally dumbfounded. I turned around, ready to run and get as far away from him as possible, but was surprised to find the real reason why Jason was now laying flat on his back.
I looked up at Paul, who's eyes were intensely burning like fire, his nostrils were flared, he was breathing deeply through his nose and his whole body was shaking.
I've seen Paul mad countless times, but nothing was compared to now. His body trembled from head to toe, so intensely his shape was unclear. His eyes were black, and his whole face scrunched up into a snarl. Even I felt afraid of him in this moment.
I would hate to be Jason right now.
But he couldn't do anything more to Jason, Jacob and Jared had rushed over to hold him back. Paul attempted to throw them off, his fierce eyes were locked on Jason, who was now being pick up off the ground by Quil.
Anger replaced the dumbfound look on Jason's face.
"Let go of me!" He demanded of Quil, who was now forcefully holding both of Jason's arms behind his back.
"Oh? You don't like being held against your will by someone stronger than you? Maybe you should remember that." Quil snarled.
I looked at the ground. I was immensely grateful that they had been passing by so they could save me, but I felt embarrassed that I had to be rescued. I've never been a damsel in distress.
I only looked up when I felt two warm hands on my shoulders.
Sam was standing protectively over me, with Embry, who gave me a small smile, on his right. The warmth radiating off of Sam felt so comforting and safe, that I leaned into his touch, even though I barely knew him, let alone liked him.
"You're no longer welcome in La Push," Sam's voice rumbled with a surprising amount of authority.
"And stay the hell away from my cousin," Paul barely managed to spit out, his body was still trembling.
"Now you care about Luna?" Jason asked Paul,"Don't talk to her for half a year with no explanation and you think that she's still your cousin? I came here to see if she was doing ok. When's the last time you checked on her? I bet she hates you more than she hates me right now. Ow!" Jason reacted when Quil's grip tightened.
Paul stopped shaking all at once and instead of looking angry, his eyes were filled with shock and sadness, he looked at me, as if he was trying to get me to verify if Jason's words were true or not.
Honestly, some of the things Jason said were true, but I could never hate Paul, especially now, when he looked so hurt. My protective instincts kick in and anger overwhelmed me.
I removed Sam's hands from my shoulders and marched over to where Quil held Jason.
Jason smiled as I stomped my way over to him. When I got close to his face he smiled even wider.
"See, she does like me better than you, Paul, she's coming back for seconds!'"
My nostrils flailed at Jason's words. I had to bite back a cry of pain when my nails dug into my palms as my fist clenched.
Jason had the audacity to laughed.
I can't believe he thought any of this was funny.
Now that Quil was holding him back, he couldn't touch me,
No one was ready for what happened next, not even me. I felt disconnected from my body as I drew my fist back and let it spring forward with as much force as I could muster up, hitting Jason square in the jaw. I could barely see the pained look on his face, my sight was clouded by red.
"Go f**k yourself." I spat out. There was so many other things I wanted to say, but that's all I could get out.
It was silent except for Jason yelling in pain.
No one moved.
After a what felt like 30 seconds, Quil released Jason, who held his face and ran as fast as he could, tripping a few times, to his car.
As soon as Jason was out of sight I turned back to the boys, who all looked shocked, and impressed.
Now that I was standing alone I realized with a shiver I was cold. How do these guys walk around with no shirts on and they still feel warm?
"Are you ok, Lunetta,"Sam asked, everyone's eyes on me now.
"I'm fine. Thanks for your help," I mumbled.
"I don't think you needed our help, but you're welcome,"Jared said with a smile.
I nodded my head,"Well, I better get home." I avoided eye contact with any of them, especially Paul.
We started walking, going opposite directions. I soon realized that I was going the wrong way.
"Jason was way out of line, but I have to admit I wish I could get that close to her," I heard Quil saying,"Lunetta is a
b-a-b-e."
Embry and Jared muttered in agreement.
Paul grumbled,"Don't want to hear that."
I giggled as I walked past them with a wink, and a dramatic air-kiss.
"Where is your car?" Sam called after me.
I turned around.
"What?" I asked, confused.
"Didn't you drive here?" Sam wondered.
"Oh.. No, I was going for a jog."
Sam shook his head,"Quil, walk her home."
My face went red,"No, it's ok, I don't need a babysitter. Besides, I don't think I'm any safer with Quil than I was with Jason." Jared and Embry snickered.
Sam shook his head in disapproval,"It isn't safe out here alone."
I remembered my sister's words.
"Oh, you're right. I wouldn't want to be snatched up by whoever killed Danica."
The whole gang's face went whiter than a sheet at my words. I turned around with a smirk and started walking faster towards my house.
It only took Quil a second to catch up to me. Am I really that slow?
We stayed silent for most of the walk back to my house, which is unusual since both of us are chatter boxes. I walked fast, trying to stay warm.
I looked over at Quil. Even though I'm not attracted to Quil in that way, it was hard not to look at his muscles since he wasn't wearing a shirt, he had a nice body, I'll give him that.
Quil smirked when our eyes met, he made an extra effort to flex his muscles.
"That was a nice punch," Quil broke the ice when we started walking up my long driveway.
I laughed,"I can be aggressive when I want to."
"He totally deserved it. I wanted to do way worse to him."
I laughed,"Thanks."
"I'm serious. It pissed me off. I like to mess with you, and I don't like your boyfriend, but you still deserve to be treated with respect."
"Thanks Quil," I was baffled at his words. He is always joking around, you never hear him say something serious.
We had reached my front door now.
"Hey Quil," I said before closing the front door.
"Yeah?" Quil peaked back, looking hopeful.
"I-I'm really glad that you guys found me. I.. don't want to think about what would have happened if you didn't. Thank you."
"No problem. I'm glad we got there in time."
"Goodnight."
"Goodnight."

I didn't tell anyone about my encounter with Jason. I probably should have, but it was so embarrassing.
I know I shouldn't be embarrassed, it was all Jason's fault, but I just wish I could have handled it myself. I hate being so weak and helpless.
It scared me to think that if Sam and his followers hadn't come to my rescue, Jason could've had his way with me. And there would have been no way for me to stop him.

"Luna."
I sat up.
I was in my bed, dressed in pajamas.
At the foot of my bed was my dad. He was smiling, but his eyes looked serious.
"Dad!" I hugged him.
In his arms I felt safe. No one could hurt me.
"I love you." He stated.
"I love you too," I looked up at him, taking in all his ruff features,"I haven't seen you in a while, I almost forgot what you looked like."
He looks a lot different this way than he does in family pictures. In the pictures, he looks aged, and stressed. No doubt from always working on his businesses twenty-four-seven.
He didn't look me in the eyes,"If I was still alive, I would be in jail right now."
"What?" I gave him a confused look.
My dad's string jaw clenched,"I would being in jail for murdering that poor excuse for a man who though it was ok to put his hands on my daughter."
"Dad-" I whined, embarrassed.
My dad held me tighter,"I wish I was there to keep you safe," He kissed my forehead,"Not too much longer until I don't have to worry about you needing protect-" My dad stopped talking all of a sudden as if someone had grabbed his tongue.
My brow furrowed,"What do you mean by that?"
"Don't worry about it honey, you'll know soon enough." He gave me one last squeeze before he was gone.