Kim

School seemed so pointless to me at this point. I don't have to worry about going to college for a future job, I'm already my own boss.
And there are much more important things to worry about instead of algebra.
Me. Kness has left the room to speak to another teacher so the whole classroom was loudly talking. Jacob came to sit in the empty seat in front of me, Sierra's seat, and Paul was siting on the ground between Jared and my desk so he wasn't left out of the conversation.
The guys started talking about car parts, something I knew nothing about.
I blocked their voices out and looked around the room.
There was writing in a notebook on the desk next to Jared that caught my eye.
It read,"Mrs. Jared Cameron."
The girl was drawing little red hearts around the words.
Her name was Kim. I never knew her well, she was pretty shy, but beautiful.
I felt bad for her. There was no way for her and Jared to be together.
Unless...
Kim must have felt eyes on her, because she looked up and me, and quickly closed the notebook she had been writing on.
In her hurry she knocked over the water bottle that was on her desk.
Jared stopped talking and leaned over to pick it up.
When he handed it to Kim, the two locked eyes.
Jared stopped, he forgot what he had been doing and the water bottle fell out of his hand and back on the ground. This time he didn't pick it up.
I looked around at the rest of the pack, and then locked eyes with Jacob.
We all knew that look.
Kim was very self conscious. She looked away from Jared's stare because she was embarrassed, only to look back up at him seconds later.
Mr. Kness came back into the classroom to resume his lesson, but Jared heard none of it.
When math was over Jared stopped Kim before she could leave the room.
"Do you want to go get something to eat with me after school?" He asked.
"Yes," Kim replied quietly, but without hesitation.
Even if I couldn't have my own true happiness, seeing my pack brother happier than he's ever been made my heart swell.

The last few days I've been waking up all through the night.
I'm having dreams over and over again about the red headed vampire.
In every dream I see her in the woods, somewhere I've seen patrolling,there's snow around her.
In my dreams she was with another vampire, a handsome light skinned man with blond hair.
Nothing really happens in my dream, but I wake up every time feeling uneasy and anxious.
I layer a casual outfit out on my bed, trying to decide what to wear for tonight.
We are having a bonfire as a pack and a tribal council meeting.
It will be my first time hearing the tribe legends told by the council members since finding out the truth.
It will be Quil, Seth, and Kim's first time hearing them too.
The outfit I had on my bed wasn't something I'd normally wear. A green flannel shirt and plain blue jeans.
Looks like something Bella would wear.... Maybe that's why I picked it out. Maybe somewhere in my head thinks that by dressing like her will make Jacob notice me the same way he does her.
I laughed at myself. That can't be true.
I don't have to change the way I look to try and get someone to love me.
I went to the my closet and picked out a pair of black jean daisy duke shorts and a maroon Hollister hoodie.
I had already curled my short hair and did a soft smokey eye.
I wasn't changing who I was.
But I still hoped Jacob would think I look pretty when he sees me.
I had everything set up in my back yard for the bonfire.
I had gotten large pieces of wood for the fire, and put some blankets on the wooden benches that circled the fire pit.
I set up a table with all the food and drinks.
I got ten packages of hotdogs, hopefully that would be enough for eight hungry werewolves and seven humans.
I had bag after bag of hot Cheetos, barbecue chips, and Doritos.
I filled a whole cart at the supermarket with 2 liter sodas.
I hope everyone gets here on time, because I am hungry.