Burden

Author note!!!! These next few chapters are going to have a lot of material straight out of Stephanie Myer's book "Eclipse" anything that is underlined and in bold, like this, is a direct quote from the original book. I️ am not claiming ANYTHING as my own besides my characters and my own words. I️ don't want it to seem like I️ am Copywriting Stephanie's material. I️ wanted to take this part straight out of the book to stay true to her word, and just add my own. I️ hope there is no problem with this!
Thanks!

Everyone looked around at each other with sad eyes.
To me it was wrong to think of it as a burden. This is who we are designed to be. We were werewolves long before our people knew about the existence of vampires.
Being a werewolf gave me purpose, it made my life complete.
"Burden," he scoffed in a low voice," I️ looked at Quil who was sitting right next to me, with his hand resting on my leg, "I think it's cool." He pouted.
"Thank you!" I️ exclaimed, "I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so."
Seth fiercely nodded his head in agreement.
Billy chuckled, low and long.
The mood slowly changed back to how it was before the stories.
Jared flicked a small stone at Quil, and everyone laughed when it made him jump.
Quil didn't let him get away with it, he made a leap towards Jared.
Kared, not wanting his imprint to get hurt, every so softly scooted Kim out of harms way right before Quil landed on top of him, knocking both of them off the logs we sat on.
They playfully wrestled together, more wolf-like than human. Seth joined in and I️ desperately wanted to as well, but Kim looked uncomfortable by herself.
I️ got up to stand next to her.
"How are you taking to it?" I️ wondered.
"Which part?" Kim joked, "The werewolf part or the boyfriend part?"
"Both," I️ laughed.
Kim smiled, "The werewolf thing, I️ think it will take a while to get used to. But the boyfriend thing, that part is amazing."
I️ giggled, "We need to have a girl's night! Emily and I️ don't get any other girls to hangout with."
"That would be amazing!" Kim beamed.
Tonight's was awesome, being surrounded by my people who love me, being with all of my pack brothers.
Seeing another woman making my Jacob smile hurt. I️ wanted to be the one falling asleep on his shoulder. I️ wanted to be the only reason behind the huge grin on his perfect face. I️ didn't want him to get hurt again and again by his feelings for Bella.
She was in love with her vampire. Jacob thinks Bella loves him too, enough that she would leave the vampire.
Even if that's true, how long would she stay in love with him?
Regular humans get divorced all the time.
There is always going to be a possibility he will get hurt.
Of course I will always be there for him, through anything. That way I can try to protect him. And if I can't always protect him, I'll be there to help heal his heart.
Jacob got off the log he sat on, with a sleeping Bella in his arms.
I sighed. The only thing worse than seeing another woman in Jacob's arms was seeing Jacob leave.
Jacob stopped to talk to me before going.
"Tonight was the best night I've had in a long time," he smiled at me, "Having her here, and you being here too... All of my favorite people in one place. Thank you for the food."
I gave a genuine smile as I watched him walk away, I couldn't help it.
He said it was the best night in a long time. And I was part of the reason he was so happy.
"Will I be hearing you later?" Jacob wondered if I would be patrolling tonight.
"No," I said too fast. Jacob is pulling extra shifts. He started been patrolling outside of Bella's house while she slept, to make sure the vampire that was in her house doesn't come back. I usually love when we are in wolf form together, but it's not very easy on my when he's stilling outside of her house, thinking about Bella and wishing he was laying next to her. "I'm really tired tonight, I asked Jared to cover for me."
"Oh, ok." I could tell that he got the hint.
He looked exhausted as he walked away carrying Bella.
I was worried about him, he hasn't been getting enough sleep.
I had an image appear in my mind.
A shirtless Jacob was in the woods with Bella, somewhere I didn't recognize. The sun was beating down on the snow, they were kissing, very passionately.
The scene only played for a few moments before my vision was back to normal. A confused Paul stood in front of me, "Earth to Luna?"
"Sorry, I'm just distracted."
"Hmm, I wonder why," Quil came up behind me, his eyes followed mine to Jacob's outline.
"Shut up," I punched him in the ribs.
Quil was too busy laughing at me with Paul to block my punch, I knocked the wind out of him.
Quil grabbed his side where I hit him,"Jeez, Little Wolf, you don't have to get so butt hurt."
"Sorry, not in the joking mood I guess." "Yeah, I guess not. Now help me clean up."
Quil and Paul both groaned when I threw them trash bags.