Alpha Female

After another sleepless night, I decided to get ready for school.
Sam's warning came into my mine, but I didn't care. I wanted to go against everything Sam had tried to demanded of me, just because I could.
Last night I had seen what happens to the pack members when they attempt to disobey Sam's "Alpha Order". No one was physically able to, each of the pack boys have tried. It was like their body was being controlled against their will to do what Sam said. I had seen that Sam only used it when he felt like he needed to, he hated forcing people to do anything. I wonder why it was that I could go against him without breaking a sweat.
I fed Blaze and made breakfast before getting dressed. I scarfed down my big bowl of yogurt and fruit like I haven't ate in days.
Even after that I was still hungry. I cooked myself some bacon, toast, and eggs, and ate those just as fast. Still, I didn't feel full. I didn't feel like making more food though, so I went upstairs for a shower.
I had time to blow dry and curl my hair, and do a full face of makeup.
I went into my closet and picked out a pair of black jeans with torn knees, thick heeled black boots, and a white sweater, with the shoulders cut out.
This was the first time I put myself together in days. Even though I had zero sleep, I felt great. Now that I understand my new body more, I didn't feel afraid.
I thought about the girl I was on the beach the night the pack had to save me. I was weak, and powerless, I had to rely on someone besides myself to save me.
Now I was full of power. No one could mess with me, or control me. Not even the "alpha".
I truly felt like the descendant of Miakoda.
I sang to the popular pop song on the radio on the way to school.
To Mr. Kness' surprise, I walked into class early, and handed him a cup of coffee.
"Good morning Mr. Kness!"
Mr. Kness stared at me suspiciously,"Good morning."
I smugly passed Paul on the way to my seat, knowing he hadn't expected me to show up.
"Great to see you, Paul." I emphasized.
Jared and Quil's expressions were priceless, but I ignored them.
Sierra turned right around in her seat,"Are you doing ok? I've been trying to call you for days. and when you didn't show to school yesterday..."
I smiled widely,"Sorry, I just took a break from my phone and everything. I'm doing good though, actually I'm doing great!"
"That's good..." Sierra said with uneasiness.
When class started and Sierra turned around, the harassment started.
"What are you doing here?" Quil whispered.
I rolled my eyes while motioning for him to be quiet.
Jared chuckled,"He isn't talking loud enough for humans to hear."
I glanced around. He was right. Not even Sierra who was sitting directly in front of me flinched. The only people who showed they were listening was Paul and Jacob.
"What was that last night?" Jared demanded.
"I don't know what you're talking about." I said in mocking innocence.
"You resisted Sam's "alpha" order." Quil eyed me.
"That's because I can't be controlled,"I smirked with a flip of my long hair."I was surprised that you all didn't run after me and try to stop me."
"We couldn't," Paul butt in.
"It was just like Sam's order," Jacob added,"We couldn't follow you because you told us not to."
Realization spread through me,"I'm the alpha Female!" I exclaimed happily and too loudly."
Sierra turned around,"What are you talking about?"
"Nothing," I mumbled.
"What do you mean you're the alpha female?" Paul demanded once Sierra had gone back to her work.
"In the wild wolf packs are lead by a dominant male and female. Sam is the Alpha, you have to do whatever he says. Since you guys had to listen to me, that would make me the dominant female, like Miakoda." I said smugly.
The boys thought about this for a while
"You really shouldn't be here though, Luna," Paul insisted.
I started to shake, getting angrier than I should,"You can't tell me what to do, none of you can."
"Are you ok?" Sierra asked when I was shaking so much that my desk was moving too.
"Just stay calm, you don't want to hurt anyone," Jacob said in a soothing voice.
His voice sounded different to me than it did before. It was comforting, I liked it.
The shaking stopped, but my heart was fluttering.
Jacob was someone I used to have feelings for, someone I used to spend hours thinking about. Maybe the feelings never go away, they are just covered up when you develop feelings for someone else, but they're still there.
There's no way I can be in their pack. Even if I don't have to obey Sam, I don't want Jacob and the rest of the guys hearing every little thing I've ever thought about.
I will be much happier on my own.
"I'm fine." I don't know if I was talking to Jacob, Sierra or myself.
I have to admit, trying to remain calm during the school day was hard. Especially since all of my classes I had at least one member of the gang. They kept trying to get me to listen to them and Sam, it was getting on my nerves.
After school, all of the boys circled me.
"Please, don't make us leave," Paul asked.
"Just hear us out," Quil requested.
I crossed my arms,"What do you want?"
"Come with us," Jared begged,"You know you don't have to obey Sam's orders, even though you should consider them."
"Just let us help you," Paul urged.
"It's going to be a lot easier and a lot less painful for you," Jacob said in his husky voice.
I'm sure that the pack could hear the way my heartbeat became uneven when I heard Jacob's voice. I couldn't look the boy in the eyes, I was too embarrassed.
"I don't want your help." I whispered,"I can do this on my own."
"Luna?" Sierra was standing there uncomfortably.
I walked past the boys, over to her.
"Do you want a ride home?" I asked
"Sure..." Sierra responded.
When we were in my car Sierra confronted me,"What's going on?"
"What do you mean?" I wondered, even though I knew exactly what she was talking about.
Luckily Sierra lived right down the street from the school, it was only a two minute drive. She didn't have much time to harass me.
"You're acting so weird!" Sierra exclaimed,"I wasn't surprised when you didn't call me back these last couple of days, I gave you space. But I expected you to come back to school all depressed, and you walk in totally opposite, acting like nothing happened. You were being weird in class, and just now you're out talking to Sam's gang." Sierra gave me a worried look,"You aren't doing drugs, are you?"
"No, I'm fine!" I growled, my hands starting to shake.
Sierra almost jumped out of her seat. I felt bad, I didn't mean to be rude or scare her. I'm usually a very calm and happy person. All of these new mood swings were too much for me.
I sighed, "I'm sorry, Sierra. I've been so on edge lately, and I don't mean to be. I just want to focus on being happy right now. I don't want to even hear the name Will. And Sam's gang was just checking up on me, my grandma asked them to.
"Ok," Sierra rolled her eyes, not convinced. We were outside of her house. It was a small, old, cottage looking home.
"Do you want to stay for dinner?"
"No, I'm going to my store to catch up on some work since I took time off this weekend. But thank you for the offer. But we should hangout soon, I need some girl time." I smiled.
"Sure thing. Call me if you need to talk."
"I will." I assured her.
I watched Sierra disappear into the front door before starting on my way to Port Angeles.