Jake

School was already out for the year. My junior year of high school seemed to fly past with all the new things happening in my life.
The last day of school was bittersweet. I was happy that I wouldn't have to deal with school anymore, at least for the summer. Now when I had to patrol on a weeknight I would be able to sleep in. I was happy for Jacob too, he will be able to catch up on sleep from all the double shifts he was pulling.
The bitter part about school ending was  the realization I had.
Sierra has been in a coma for months.
The possibility of her not going through her senior year was become more and more real. I never thought I would go through the most important school year of our life without her.
I tried not to think too much about this, it only made me cry knowing there was nothing I could do about it.

"Hey Billy," I smiled down at Jacob's Dad who returned a huge grin.
He opened his front door wider and rolled his wheelchair back so I could squeeze inside,"How are you, Lunette?"
"I'm doing well. How about you?"
"Oh fine, fine. I don't want to hold you up, I know you're here to see Jake. He's in his room."
"Thanks Billy, it's nice seeing you."
I hesitated for a moment. I've never been in Jacob's room, I didn't know where it was. But I picked up his sent before even walking in the house. I could hear his breathing too. Each breath was long and deep. He must be sleeping.
I thought about knocking, but I didn't want to wake him up, so I let myself in.
Jacob's room was tiny, the Black's whole house was very small. Their entire home could fit inside my bedroom. Twice.
Jacob had some clothes thrown on the floor, but other than that I was surprised to see that his room was pretty clean.
He was deep asleep in a twin bed that was pushed against the right wall.
I sat down on the ground in front of him and immediately noticed the dark circles under his eyes. He was patrolling last night with me and after that he went to stand watch outside of Bella's house...
Jacob took in a deep breath and started to wake up.
I tried to stay still and quiet to see if he would fall back asleep, but he opened his eyes and gave me a small smile.
"Sorry, I didn't want to wake you." I whispered.
"It's fine, I'm the one who told you to come at one. I must have slept through my alarm..." Jacob yawned and rubbed his eyes.
"I'll come back later so you can sleep longer," I started to get up but Jacob grabbed my arm.
"No, it's ok."
My heart fluttered at Jacob's touch.
He looked at his hand around my arm, his face was full of concentration.
I bit my lip when our eyes met, our faces were already close, but I still further leaned in.
Jacob's expression twisted up in pain. He let go of my arm and backed away.
"I'm sorry," Jacob said.
A weak laugh escaped my lips, "Why on earth are you sorry, it was all me."
Jacob ran his hand through his hair, the hair he was growing out for Bella, which was about my same length now, just past his chin.
"I'm sorry I can't give you what you want." Jacob's chocolate eyes met mine. His eyes were full of sadness and regret.
I stayed quiet.
I thought I had a chance. Bella was going to be changed into a vampire very soon, after her graduation, which is less than a week ago. I thought I had a chance now. But he is going to fight for her until her heart stops beating. What if he changes his mind? But what if he keeps on fighting after that?
"I wish I could read your mind right now."
"I'm glad you can't," I breathed harshly. I knew he would be able to hear what I'm thinking eventually.
"Luna-"
I got up quickly, "Are you going to fix my car for me or what?" A shiver went down my spine.
I half ran outside, past a shocked Billy. If I lose control I don't want to phase in the Black's house.
Jacob was right behind me, catching my arm with his hand again he whirled me around so I was facing him.
"Please let go of me," I was fighting tears.
"I'll let go, but promise me you won't run away."
I nodded.
"What's wrong?" Jacob asked.
"What's wrong?!" I stared at him, stunned. "You know what's wrong. You know exactly what's wrong."
"I know...That was stupid of me to say. Please don't cry, I hate to see you crying."
"Jacob, I'm crying because of you. I'm crying for you. I'm crying because I love you so much it hurts! But what hurts the most is that I have to try and fight those feelings so you don't feel guilty. But it's not easy, Jacob. It's not easy." I sobbed.
Jacob embraced me, pulling me tightly in. "I'm s-sorry."
My tears stopped instantly. I was crying so hard that I hadn't noticed that tears were running down Jacob's face too.
I wiped the tears from Jacob's face.
"Don't be sorry. I know how much you love her. I would be fighting hard too."
Jacob half smiled, "Thank you for putting up with me."
I laughed, " Thank you for putting up with me, Jacob."
"Why do you always call me Jacob? You can call me Jake, you know."
"I don't know. I like your full name. Besides, I always felt like that's what all your friends call you."
Jacob laughed, "If you're not my friend, than what are you?"
"Your alpha," I said with a smug smile.
"Oh I apologize, your royal alphaness." Jacob did a dramatic bow.
"Not a problem, just don't let it happen again, Jake."