It's A Girl Thing

It was easier for me to become close to my pack brothers than anyone else I've ever known.
Even thought sharing my every thought with other people could be embarrassing sometimes it created a bond that we could never have with anyone else. In just a couple weeks they knew me as well as I knew myself.
I didn't have to worry about them judging me, and I didn't judge them.
We all feel the same pain, joy, happiness, stress that one of the others felt.

I was back at school, finally able to keep my emotions under control.
The whole day I kept getting odd looks from everyone.
I heard every whisper as I walked through the halls or sat in class.
They took immediate notice to my new friend group.
"Must be doing steroids, look at the size of her!" A boy in my math class laughed.
"She's definitely into drugs now, like the rest of the gang." I heard Christine telling anyone who would listen.
Christine's comments were the only ones that got to me today. I can't believe how a girl who called herself my best friend just a few weeks ago was now my biggest hater.
Jacob stopped to give me a hug after the bell rang ending the school day,"How are you holding up?"
It was unexpected. In the short time since Jacob and I have been reintroduced in this wonderful new light we've become instant best friends. I buried my face into Jacob's shirt and inhaled,"Better now."
"Good." Jacob smiled at me. He wasn't just asking how I was to strike up conversation. He wasn't hugging me just so he could be close to me, like other guys do. He truly felt for me.
"Hey Jake!" Quil greeted his friend.
Jacob gave Quil a hard glare before releasing me,"See you later, Luna."
"Bye Jacob," I breathed, staring after him.
Quil's deep sigh brought me out of the trance Jacob had put me in.
"What's up with you and Jacob?" I asked.
Quil paused for a moment,"We were patrolling together last night... He saw that we kissed. He tried to decapitate me."
I let in a sharp gasp,"Oh no, I did not mean it like that all, the last thing I wanted to happen was for Jacob to take things the wrong way... Is he mad at me?"
Quil rolled his eyes,"Do you see him running around giving Paul lovey dovey hugs or asking Jared if his day is going ok? He could never be mad at you."
I let in a breath of relief.
Quail laughed,"Watching the two of you is the weirdest thing. You're friends, but you want to be more than friends. Jacob is chasing after Bella, but still thinks he can have some sort of claim over you. Are you never supposed to date anyone?"
"It's not like I really want to date anyone..." I whispered.
"Yeah, that's my point! Why can't you two just act like a normal imprint couple? Ouch!" Quil rubbed his shin that I just kicked.
Paul, Jared, and Embry came over to join Quil's laughing.
I headed to the parking lot with my face red.
"Hey, you're my ride!" Paul called after me.
I wanted to leave him there, but I'm too nice of a person. I sat in my car and waited for him.
I turned to look around when I heard three doors open instead of one.
Paul got in the passenger seat, Quil, Jared, and Embry squeezed into the back seat.
"Am I running a bus service now?"
"You should be happy that we are even gracing you with our presence," Jared patted me on my shoulder.
"Jacob was supposed to bring us home, but he abandoned us," Quil sighed dramatically.
"Yeah, Jacob hates you for kissing Luna," Embry laughed.
"What?" Paul screamed,"You kissed my cousin?"
"At least I didn't imprint on her." Quil laughed.
"You bastard!" Paul had completely turned around in his chair to be able to punch Quil.
Quil didn't put up a fight, he just kept laughing, along with Embry and Jared, who were almost in tears.
I grabbed Paul's shoulder and pushed him back into his seat,"Seriously? If I got into a car crash right now you'd go straight through my windshield."
"Aww thanks for looking out for me, Lu, but it would only take me probably about five minutes for me to heal."
"I wasn't worried about you, Paulie, I'm worried about my windshield."
Everyone except Paul laughed, he flipped me off instead, which made us laugh even harder.
When we got to my house we stepped outside into the forest to phase.
I strapped my clothes to the elasticity cord around my left ankle and let the beast out.
Sam and Jacob were already waiting for us in our meeting spot, deep in the woods.
The rest of us stood side to side in a line, hunched over.
'Say it, Sam.' I smirked.
Sam groaned,'Can you just get over here already?'
'Do it Sam!' Jared insisted.
Sam sighed heavily,'On your mark...'
I giggled.
'Get set...'
We all deepened into our crouch.
'Go.'
I took off like a rocket.
'It wouldn't kill you to be a little more enthusiastic,' Embry thought to Sam.
'Ha ha,' He replied.
'Jeez, what's up your ass today Mr. Alpha?' Paul thought.
Sam's thoughts unwillingly started to spew out.
It was that time of the month for Emily, she's been having bad cramps and Sam was upset she was in pain. He wanted to be with her right now, but we needed to meet.
The rest of the guys were disgusted at the thought.
It's thought it was sweet of him,'Hate to break it to you fellas, but all women have periods.'
In fact, I should be having mine soon.
The guys all groaned at the thought.
What was today's date?
I came to a stop, giving up my lead to Embry.
May 21st. My period should have started over two weeks ago.
The guys all stopped running and turned to look at me.
Everyone's brain's came to life.
Half the guys were still grossed out at the word "period", the other half was worried.
'Oh no, oh no, oh no... This can't be happening.' I howled.