Surprise

Tonight was the night of the going away party.
This week has been hectic with school, work, party planning, and helping my family pack their things.
They are moving in two days.
When the last bell at school rang, everyone excitedly told me,"See you tonight!" The whole tribe was invited.
"Hey Christine!" I called after her in the parking lot.
She waited for me with her hands in her pockets.
"Do you want to come over early to help me set up for tonight?" I asked.
"Sure. I'll see you in a couple hours."
Christine walked to her car without saying goodbye.
She's been acting really weird this whole week, and she keeps insisting nothing is wrong.
Maybe she is still a little sick. I've been feeling really strange lately too, something must be going around.
Sierra drove with me straight to my house to start setting up. I kicked my Aunt uncle, sister, and nephew out until it was time for the party. I didn't want them to have to help set up for their own party. My Nana and Uncle Roshawn were already there by the time we pulled up.
I delegated jobs for everyone. Nana and Sierra were in charge of food, Uncle Roshawn and I were in doing decorations since we're were the tallest and could reach higher.
We finished everything up with an hour to spare. It wasn't until we were all sitting back admiring our work until I realized that Christine never showed up.
'I should give her a call to see if she's ok.'
"Hello?" Christine asked in a dull voice when I answered.
I was taken aback by her behavior latel. Even if she's sick still she can still be pleasant,"Um, hey. Just calling to see if you're alright. You said you were going to come over early."
"Oh, yeah.. sorry. I just got caught up with a lot of homework."
I knew she was lying. She hated doing homework more than I did. The normal Christine would never pick homework over decorating.
Christine is mad at me. I rack my brain trying to think what the hell I did.
"Oh. Okay...I'll see you in an hour then?"
"Yep, bye."
She hung up.
"Goodbye to you too." Muttered under my breath.
"Luna!"
I looked up to see Gianna running towards me, with her parents, Ann and Tony, right behind her. They each gave me a hug and I thanked them for coming.
"Lunette, have you gotten taller since the last time I've seen you?" Ann gawped.
"I don't think so, it's only been a week!"
"It's a shame that Will couldn't make it down." Tony grumbled.
Will had just let me know a couple days ago that he wouldn't be able to come. I had even offered to pay for his plane ticket.
He said that he had a fraternity fundraiser. I don't believe him. He's always on top of everything. If he had a fundraiser, he would have know a lot sooner than three days ago.
"Yeah, I was really hoping he would be able to-"
I stopped talking when, over Tony's shoulder, I saw a handsome blond boy walk in my front door.
"Hey babe."
The whole Peyton family laughed at my expression.
I ran over to hug and kiss my boyfriend.
"Holy shit, when did you get so tall, babe?" I was just as shocked when I realized that we were now the same height. I was always quite a bit shorter than him.
"Language!" My aunt Nina hissed at Will as she walked in holding Joey's hand, Sol and Uncle Matt behind her.
"Sorry Mrs. Hunt!" Will gave my Aunt Nina a hug.
Aunt Nina rolled her eyes, but a small smile crept onto her face.
After a while of our families visiting, the guests started to show up.