Story time

Author note!!!! These next few chapters are going to have a lot of material straight out of Stephanie Myer's book "Eclipse" anything that is underlined and in bold, like this, is a direct quote from the original book. I️ am not claiming ANYTHING as my own besides my characters and my own words. I️ don't want it to seem like I️ am Copywriting Stephanie's material. I️ wanted to take this part straight out of the book to stay true to her word, and just add my own. I️ hope there is no problem with this!
Thanks!

"Are you gonna eat that hot dog?" Paul asked Jacob, his eyes were locked on the last piece of food remaining from our meal. We went ham.
My stomach turned as I watched Jacob leaned back against Bella's knees and toyed with the hot dog he had spitted on a straightened wire hanger.
"I guess," Jake teased. "I'm so full I'm about to puke, but I think I can force it down. I won't enjoy it at all, though." He sighed again sadly.
Paul had eaten more than Jacob, but his hands balled up into fists.
I gave Paul a deep warning growl from across the way, I was sitting next to Quil and Embry now.
Out of anyone in the pack, my cousin should know not to mess with my imprint.
"Sheesh." Jacob laughed. "Kidding, Paul. Here."
Jacob flipped the homemade skewer across the circle. Of course Paul caught without difficulty. Werewolf perks.
Thanks, man," Paul said, this time without the attitude. He didn't want to test his limits with me right now.
"It's getting late," Bella whispered to Jacob.
"Don't start that yet," Jacob whispered back. "The best part is coming."
"What's the best part? You swallowing an entire cow whole?" Bella wondered.
Jacob chuckled his low, throaty laugh. "No. That's the finale. We didn't meet just to eat through a week's worth of food. This is technically a council meeting. It's Quil and Luna's first time, and they haven't heard the stories yet. Well, they've heard them, but this will be the first time they knows they're true. That tends to make someone pay closer attention. Kim and Seth and Leah are all first-timers, too."
"Stories?" Bella asked Jacob, confused.
Jacob scooted back beside Bella, where Bella rested against a low ridge of rock. He put his arm over Bella's shoulder and spoke even lower into her ear.
I let out a stuttering breath.
Quil and Embry both gave me a look. Quil put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into him, so my head was resting on his shoulder. Embry squeezed my knee.
"The histories we always thought were legends," Jacob said. "The stories of how we came to be. The first is the story of the spirit warriors."
It was almost as if Jacob's soft whisper was the introduction. The atmosphere changed abruptly around the low-burning fire. We all sat up a little straighter. Jared nudged Kim and then pulled her gently upright.
Emily produced a spiral-bound notebook and a pen, looking exactly like a student set for an important lecture. Sam twisted just slightly beside her - so that he was facing the same direction as Old Quil, who was on his other side - and suddenly I realized that the elders of the council here were not three, but four in number.
Leah Clearwater, her face still a beautiful and emotionless mask, closed her eyes - not like she was tired, but as if to help her concentration. Her brother leaned in toward the elders eagerly.
Billy cleared his throat, and, with no more introduction than his son's whisper, began telling the story in his rich, deep voice. The words poured out with precision, as if he knew them by heart, but also with feeling and a subtle rhythm. Like poetry performed by its author.