Crossing The Line

Things felt better now that I Jacob and I imprinted on each other. I no longer stayed up all night wondering why I wasn't enough for Will. I never thought I would be able to get over him, but Will was meaningless to me now.
Of course, things weren't perfect. I still had deep cuts that Will left behind, but they seemed to be scabbing over.
I worried about Sierra everyday. There has been no updates on her status.
Being around Jacob even seemed to make this feel less painful.
But there were other things...
Even though Jacob and I had agreed to be friends, I couldn't help feeling there was supposed to be more between us.
Jacob and Bella haven't really talked since her vampire came back into town. But he still couldn't stop thinking about her.
Every time I was around Jacob, and could hear his thoughts about Bella, I regretted my decision more and more, which made everyone in the pack, including myself and Jacob, feel extremely uncomfortable.
'I thought you were okay with this.' Jacob thought one night when it was just the two of us were patrolling together.
'I am', I lied.
'You can't lie to me, Luna, we share the same mind.'
'I know... But if I keep telling you and myself that it will become true, right?'
Jacob sighed,'You can change your mind you know. I don't want you to be unhappy.'
'No,' I insisted,'We agreed on this, and I'm sticking to it.'
Jacob tried his best to control his thoughts about Bella, even though I told him not to worry about it. He didn't want to see me hurting.
The two of us ran silently for an hour or so. Our patrol was almost over, Quil and Embry would be taking over for us. We started to run back home, but we were stopped dead in our tracks by a smell that hurt our noses.
Vampire.
I looked at Jacob with wide eyes before the two of us threw out heads up and let out a a frantic howl.
Seconds later our pack brother's thoughts started popping into our heads.
'Don't wait for us,' Sam's mind instructed us,'Go! We'll catch up!'
Jacob and I sprinted after the scent, we were the two fastest in the pack, it didn't take long for us to find her.
A pale woman with a full head of curly red hair looked down at us from a tall tree with a sneer.
She quickly began jumping tree to tree, going higher each time so we couldn't catch her.
With a high pitched laugh she jumped across a river. We were about to follow her, but stopped when our noses started to burn more. There were more vampires coming. Apparently they weren't friends of the redhead, because she jumped back over to our side and started running again.
The pack had caught up to us now, we were all chasing her. I had her within inches of my teeth, ready to bite down. She hit my snout with the force of a train, causing me to flip onto my back with a whimper.
'Luna!' The pack looked back at me with worry, Paul and Jacob were on each side of me.
'I'm okay,' I assured them, but it did take me a second to get back on my feet.
Once I was on all fours again, the redheaded vampire had jumped back to the other side, and was running from six other vampires. I recognized the other vampires, it was the Cullen's, the vampire coven who lived in Forks.
One of the male vampires, a tall, thin man with curly sandy blond hair, reached out to grab her, but she jumped back over to our side. The male vampire let out an annoyed groan.
The red headed vampire jumped back and forth between the treaty line, teasing us.
As soon as one of us almost had her, she'd jumped over the river. She was fast.
She was on our side now, Paul opened his jaw to grab ahold of her.
With a smug smirk, she jumped over to the Cullen's side.
The whole pack let out an impatient growl.
The big, bulky male Cullen was on the redhead's tail. She was about to make a jump back to our side, but the big Cullen didn't slow down, he sped up, jumping after her.
"Emmet, no!" Yelled the blonde female Cullen.
'He's going to cross over the treaty line!' Sam thought angrily.
With a snarl Paul jumped in the direction of the big vampire.
'Paul!' I howled.
We watched as Paul and the vampire collided.
Paul let out a whimper and the bulky vampire groaned in pain, only a split second later they were on their feet.
Paul was ready to launch, and the big vampire was crouched in a defense position.
The whole pack ran to back Paul up. I stood in front of Paul, blocking him from the view of the vampires.
'You don't need to protect me, Luna,' Paul grumbled,'I've been fighting vampires a longer than you have.'
'Now isn't the time to argue,' Sam growled as he moved closer to the vampires.
The vampire leader, Dr. Cullen ran up with his hands in the air, not defensively, in a peaceful way.
"We don't want a fight, this is all a misunderstanding."
One of the female vampires, who appeared to be older than the others, spoke,"We only want peace."
I backed down a little, and felt the rest of the pack do the same.
'The bloodsucker is influencing our mood to make us feel calm.' Jacob thought.
I looked curiously over at the curly haired guy. His face was scrunched in concentration.
While I was fascinated, the other wolves were annoyed, or at least they wanted to be, but they couldn't.
'Let's just leave, he obviously didn't mean to cross onto our side.' I nudged Sam to get him moving.
He reluctantly turned around and started walking home.
We shared the disappointment of losing the redhead leech tonight. As always, Sam felt like he was to blame for anything that went wrong.
'Quil, Embry, go home. I will take over your patrol tonight.' They were tired and more than happy to get some sleep. The pack members voices all faded away until it was just Sam and I.
Sam was angry we didn't catch the redhead, in his mind it was all his fault. He had already started patrolling, I ran to catch up with him.
'You don't have to do this, go home and get some sleep.'
'You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, Sam.'
'I'm the alpha, anything that goes wrong is on me.'
'Then it's on me too, since I'm also alpha.' I stuck my long wolf tongue out at him.
Sam chuckled a little, he didn't think of me as alpha, none of the pack did. Even through I had the power to force them into doing anything I wished, it was hard for them to look at me as their leader since they have all been werewolves longer than I have.
'Luna... We're not trying to make you feel bad. It's still weird for us. We didn't know female werewolves existed. We are trying to figure this out.'
'Don't try to sugar coat it for me, I hear all your thoughts.' I can see where they're coming from, but it hurts that they treat me differently.
We ran for hours, no matter what Sam tried to think about, his mind always went back to what he could have done better tonight.
I used to view Sam as strict and cold. Now that I share a mind with him my perception of him changed.
I felt bad for Sam. From a young age responsibility has been forced onto him. When Sam's father left his mom he had to pick her up and try to clean the broken pieces his father left.
Sam didn't get a normal childhood, he had to grow up. He didn't hang out with his friends as much as he wanted to because he felt bad about his mom being alone.
'Sam, I know that you don't want anyone to feel the way you do, but we still feel it. We see your pain through your eyes. We see that you don't get to spend time with Emily because you're making sure none of us are working too hard. Jacob is your second command for a reason, to help bare some of your burdens of being alpha. Plus, you have me now. I own a business, I'm used to having loads of responsibilities. I honestly need to keep busy. You'd be doing me a favor by doing yourself a favor.'
Sam didn't want to accept my help at first, he held his strong stature. But than he started thinking about Emily and being able to spend more time being with her. My offer was something he couldn't pass up.

Jacob is worried about Bella. He tried called her home, but Charlie said her and Edward had gone to Florida, to see Bella's mom.
Jacob thought that they had gone out of town so he could change her into a bloodsucker. Or Edward had killed Bella in the process.
Jacob was driving himself crazy calling multiple times a day to see if she was back .
She finally answered and sounded like the normal Bella.
She hadn't been changed.
He next day Jacob met Bella and Edward at their school, to warn Edward, to make sure they didn't come on our land again.
Jacob also found out Bella had no idea about the red headed vampire being back to look for her. Edward had been keeping it a secret because he didn't want to scare her.....
Jacob was feeling better now, him and Bella were speaking again, hanging out.
I was happy for him....