Gifts

Seth was the perfect addition into the pack. I've always been the youngest child, now I had a little brother.
It was refreshing to have another pick member who didn't dread the "curse" of being a werewolf.
I was in the kitchen helping Emily prepare dinner. We were eating steak, potatoes, and corn tonight, and we had just put rolls in the oven.
I laughed as Jared and Paul came through the door, ended their patrol shift.
"Are those shorts from when you were twelve?"
Jared's shorts were skin tight, one wrong move and they would rip in half.
"I'm sorry, We don't all have rich parents who left us tons of money when they died. I can't afford to to buy new clothes," Jared snapped back.
I was taken back by his words. I wasn't intentionally trying to hurt Jared's feelings, but he obviously struck me where he knew it would hurt.
"Don't go," Sam plead.
I ignored him, and grabbed my purse in a clenched fist on my way to my car.
Before I pulled away I heard someone punch someone else, but I didn't know who until Jared said,"Ow!"
"You didn't have to make her upset," Jacob snarled.
My heart leaped at the sound of Jacob standing up for me.
It made me feel giddy hearing Jacob protecting me.
Even though I was still annoyed at what Jared said, I knew I'd have to come back so I could be around Jacob.

A couple hours later I was pulling back into Emily's driveway.
For a minute I thought everyone had gone home, it was quiet inside, but I heard the pack's breathing.
They must have gone quiet when they heard my car pulling up.
They stayed silent while I opened the trunk of my car and grabbed seven oversized shopping bags in my arms.
Everyone's eyes were on me when I waked in, they were sitting in the living room; playing a board game.
I handed a shopping bag to each of the boys, briefly stopping at Jacob to tel our hands touch. We looked at one another in the eye for a brief second before I walked up to Jared.
"What's this for?" He asked.
"Just take it," I snapped, forcefully placing the bag into Jared's arms.
I walked to the refrigerator, where I knew Emily would have saved a plate of food for me.
I took the foil off the plate and placed it into the microwave.
Sam left the living room to join me in the kitchen,"Thank you, Luna. That was incredibly nice of you."
"Thank you." The rest of the pack echoed.
"You didn't have to do that," Jared mumbled.
"I'm an Alpha, I do what I have to for my pack," I replied.