Gone Crazy

I thought I was prepared for the worst, but I wasn't.
I stood there, shocked.
Sierra was fidgeting,"I just found out from Austin."
I didn't say anything.
Sierra continued,"I guess it's been going on for a while. Austin only just found out too. He walked into there appartment today and-"
Sierra showed me a picture on her phone. I didn't want to believe what I saw, but there was no denying Will's perfect blond hair and his chiseled features. He was on the couch with his shirt off, a woman with bleach blonde hair and fake boobs was sitting on his lap,  her tongue down his throat.
"Luna...I'm so sorry-"
I was shaking so horribly that Sierra looked worried,"I can't talk about this right now, I have to go." My voice cracked on the last word and I shut the front door without waiting for a response from Sierra. I ran as fast as I could out my back door. Tears were flowing down my face.
I went through the gate in my backyard and ran into the forest. I wanted to get as far away from everything as possible. I took me a while to soak in everything. I was in so much shock.
My body was shaking more than ever, it felt like I wasn't even in my own body.
There was so many emotions going through my body, but most of all was fury. I felt like I was on fire, like my anger was burning from my bones and out to my skin. My body felt like it was breaking apart.
'What's happening?'
I was in pain, not only emotionally, physically too. It seems like time completely stopped, but my pain kept going. It felt like I was exploding.
'Am I dying?' I wondered. I closed my eyes tight.
I've heard of people dying for a broken heart before, even though that sounds ridiculous, I couldn't think what else could be happening right now.
And the pain stopped, but I felt different. The whole shape of my body felt weird. The shaking ceased, but I still feel the red, hot fire burning inside of me.
I open my eyes and try to run again, but I trip over my...four feet?
I looked down. White paws were where my feet were supposed to be, I was a lot higher up than normal.
This is just like the dream I had.
Oh, I get it.
I'm having another dream. My Nana tells too many stories about our ancestors who turn into wolves.
'Everything will be over soon,' I tell myself,'This is all another nightmare.'
I decide to stay still so I don't trip again.
Moment upon moment pass by, I open my eyes and nothing has changed.
This wasn't a dream, I know I've gone crazy.
I trip over and over again, not used to this new shape. I try to cry but it comes out as whimpering. It feels like hours that I am running for. I've never been so scared in my life. I keep running, but I don't get tired.
I have more energy than ever before. Once again I trip over something, but this time it wasn't my feet. I look down at my white robe. It seemed so small now.
A memory of a voice popped into my head,"Lunetta . You need to learn how to control your anger. Deep breathes."
My mom in my dream last night was preparing me for right now.
I closed my eyes and took deep breathes, praying.
I could feel my body get smaller. When I opened my eyes, I was back to my human shape, and naked.
'Holy shit, it actually work?!'
I put my robe back on.
I have no idea where I am.
'Oh great.' I thought as I felt rain drop on my face. I started to walk around, but it wasn't long before I was soaking wet and lost. I sat down where I was and began to cry again.
Now that I've had time to process everything a little I noticed there was so many knew scents and sounds. I could hear ever raindrop hitting the tree branches and ground, and I smelt the ocean and pines trees, and other things I've never smelt before.
Everything happening was extremely overwhelming. I didn't even bother to get up and try to find my way home.
I completely lost my shit.
I had to calm myself down multiple times because I started shaking again. I didn't want that to happen again.
My life has absolutely fallen apart.
Why did this have to be happening to me?I've been through so much already.
My and cousin Paul abandoned me, my sister Danica is dead, my family moved to a different state, my best friend Christine is mad at me, and to top it all off, I just found out that the man I thought I was going to marry is cheating on me.
Now I don't know if I actually just turned into a giant wolf or if I'm delusional and imagining things. Could all of the stories I've ever been told be true? It seems ridiculous.
Everyone goes through ups and downs in their life, but I've hit rock bottom. Everything happened all at once.
I sat crying for so long that the rain had stopped. I sat there, numb.
Nothing made sense anymore.
I heard every little leaf rustle in the wind. The waves of the ocean. And I heard the sound of feet walking towards me, miles away.
"Lunetta!" I heard them calling, but I couldn't answer.
Then I heard Paul's yell when he found me,"Luna!"
He ran to give me a hug and pick me up, I could feel his touch, but it felt distant.
"Are you hurt?" Sam's voice boomed.
"I'm fine." I pushed Paul off of me.
And I kept my eyes on the ground, using my new nose to smell the way they came from and follow the trail. None of them moved for a second.
The whole gang were each asking me questions all at once as the followed behind me.
"What happened?"
"Are you ok?"
"Why aren't you wearing shoes?"
"Are you ok?"
"Stop walking away from us?"
"Are you ok?"
"How did you get way out here?"
"Are you ok?"
"Are you ok?"
"Are you ok?"
I snapped,"Please stop, I can't take it right now!"
That sure shut them up.
It didn't take long to get back to my house, I walked fast. I just wanted to be home.
Once I walked in, my Nana and Uncle Roshawn were there.
That question came again,"Are you ok?"
I heard a loud drip and then a splat, looking around I saw that it was the sink's faucet, which was ten feet away, but sounded like the water was dripping right into my ears.
"I'm fine," I lied,"I'm going to go to bed."
No one argued with me.
I started to go up to my room, but turned around to go back to the kitchen and turn off the faucet.
I ignored the strange looks I got from everyone in the room. I knew that if I didn't turn it off, it would have bothered me all the way from upstairs.
Blaze whined when I got into my room, he ran straight up to me. Blaze's kisses always made me laugh on my worse day, but that couldn't even crack a smile today.
I could perfectly hear people talking all the way downstairs, it was like they were sitting right next to me.
This isn't humanly possible.
'But you technically aren't human anymore,'I reminded myself with a shiver.
"Where did you find her?" Uncle Roshawn asked.
"She was out in the middle of the woods." Sam answered.
"Is she hurt at all?" My Nana shrieked  in a high voice.
"Not that we could see. She wouldn't talk to any of us," Sam signed.
"Why was she out there?" Paul questioned.
"Sierra came to my house to tell me to go check on Luna...Will cheated on her."
Everyone remained quiet, except for Paul who spat out,"That bastard!"
My Nana went on,"Sierra found out about it and let Lunetta know. She said that Luna wouldn't talk to her, she just slammed the door in her face and wouldn't answer her phone. I think she just has a lot going on right now with the rest of the family leaving...And now this."
They kept talking but I didn't want to listen anymore.
I was covered in mud from the rain, I needed a shower, and that would probably help drown out the talking.
I turned on the water all the way hot, but on my skin it felt room temperature. My body temperature really was hot now, that is one of the things I don't understand about this "new me". I thought about what that doctor had said, to me.
"Maybe the temperature of people in La Push runs slightly higher." What did he know?
Maybe I should confront him.
I stood in the shower forever, zoning out. No matter how many times I washed my skin I still felt dirty, I still felt, weird.
I wish I could go to someone for help, so I could know what's going on with me, but I was scared that even Nana would think I'm insane.
After I got out of the shower I couldn't sleep.
Sam and his gang had left, but Paul stayed the night in the guest rooms with Nana and Roshawn.
They went to sleep in minutes without a problem.
It's crazy, I could tell when each of them fell asleep because I could hear their heartbeat and breathing change. I sat up watching the clock for hours and trying to block everything out. Even the sound of Blaze's beating heart sounded so loud it drove me insane. Some time after one a.m. I finally fell asleep, only to wake up a dozen times during the night.