Call the Doctor

"Hey Christine!" I called after my friend when I saw her hurrying into school.
She looked back at me, but didn't slow down.
That's it.
"What's wrong with you, Christine?" I didn't try to hid my annoyance.
Christine turned around with her arms crossed,"You are what's wrong."
I stopped dead.
"What did I do?" I defended,"You've barley talked to me. You never even told me how your date went with Mike the other night."
"It wasn't a date," Christine snapped.
"Well so-rry," I emphasized.
She glared at me," The whole time all he did was ask questions about you."
My jaw dropped open,"W-what? Why?"
Christine rolled her eyes,"Because he obviously likes you, you knew that. He told me about what you said to him, too."
"What do you mean?" I asked with impatience creeping into my voice.
"You know what I'm talking about,"She clenched her jaw when I just looked at her blankly, waiting for her to go on,"You told him that you would love to go out with him sometime. He only wanted to have dinner the other night with me so that he could figure out where to take you."
I looked at her with my eyes and mouth wide open,"What?"
"How could you not tell me? You knew I had a crush on him!"
"Christine, why would I ever say that? I'm with Will!"
"So did he just make it up?" Her voice got louder.
"I guess so! The only thing I ever told him was I'd love to hangout. And I was talking about with multiple people, not just me and him!" I snapped.
Christine stared at me for a second, I could tell she didn't believe me started walking again,"Whatever."
Did that really just happened.
"What was that?" Sierra walked up beside me.
I looked at her,"I have no idea where that came from."
That whole day was hell. Christine refused to talk to me. I was pissed at her for even thinking I would hit on someone I knew she liked. Especially since I have a boyfriend.
"Can you talk to her for me?" I asked Sierra after school.
"I can try."
"Thanks!"
"How are you not freezing right now?" Sierra asked me. She was wearing a jacket, and I had a sleeveless shirt on.
I shrugged,"I'm not cold."
Sierra reached up to touch my forehead.
"Holy cow, Luna!"
I rolled my eyes,"What did I do now?"
"You have a fever. You should probably go to the doctor to get some medicine."
I laughed."Did my Aunt tell you to say this?"
"No, what does this have to do with your aunt? You feel really hot!"
"Okay fine."
I thought that my aunt Nina was just being dramatic, but Sierra's reaction gave me the feeling that it was something more. Plus, I have been feeling off lately.
I drove all the way to the hospital in Forks to see what was going on.
"Hello, I'm Nurse Hall, what brings you here today?" A young lady with her caramel colored pulled into a tight bun asked me once I was settled into and examination room.
"Hi, I'm just here because everyone is saying I have a fever. I feel fine though. A little nauseous lately, but other than that, nothing."I said in a none convincing voice.
The nurse touched my forehead.
"You do feel really warm. No headache or sore throat?"
"Not at all." I replied.
"Okay lets check your temperature." Nurse Hall had me open my mouth so she could put the thermometer under my tongue.
She gasped when she removed to from my mouth,"Can I please get a doctor in room A 25?" She asked in her walkie talkie.
"What's wrong?" I asked, starting to panic.
"You're temperature is very high!"
My heart dropped.
"What's the problem in here?" One of the most attractive and palest humans I had ever seen was standing at the door. He couldn't have been over twenty-five, the dark circles under his eye made me believe he didn't get a lot of sleep. His blond hair was perfectly done, and his golden eyes were filled with concern.
"This patient's temperature is 105 degrees!"
The beautiful man's brow furrowed with worry as he looked at me.
I was really panicking now,"Why is it so high? I feel absolutely fine!"
"Try not to get too worked up Ms.-"He trailed off, waiting for me to fill in the blank.
"Lahote." I said in a small voice.
"I'm Dr. Cullen. Do you go to Forks high school?"
Doctor? He could pass for being in high school still.
He began checking a number of thing such as my breathing and blood pressure. He's hands were freezing, or I was just hot.
"No, I live in La Push."
"Oh," the Doctor paused for a moment,"Are you and Jacob Black friends?"
What is it with people asking if me and Jacob are friends? He must be popular in Forks.
"No, more like a friend of a friend."
Dr. Cullen smiled,"I guess I could say the same."
There was something about his smile that brought me comfort.
He took my temperature again, this time with a different thermometer.
"The thermometer you used must have been faulty," Dr. Cullen told Nurse Hall,"Temperatures is 101.2, nothing to get worried about."
"But-," Nurse Hall looked at me, and then to the thermometer in her hand.
"I'll give you a medication, just to help keep a fever down. Can you please get that for me, Nurse?" I don't think I've ever met someone a polite as this man, but something about him set me on edge. Maybe it was the sweet smelling cologne. It was so strong that it burned my nose.
Nurse Hall left the room.
"Maybe the temperature of people in La Push runs slightly higher, huh, Ms. Lahote?" Dr. Cullen gave me a knowing look.
The same strange thing that happened the other day when I was with Will happened, except this time I caught a glimpse of Dr. Cullen. He was with a group of people, and amongst that group was Sam's gang.
There was something he knew. I don't know what he knew, or what it was about, but I just knew he was hinting at something.
The nurse returned with a bottle.
"Have a good day, Ms. Lahote," Dr. Cullen said to me.
"Thank you, you as well."
The nurse was explaining my prescription to me, but I was wondering what Dr. Cullen was talking about, and confused as to why I had that image of Dr. Cullen and Sam's gang in my head.