2 | 𝕣𝕖𝕛𝕖𝕔𝕥

chapter 2
---
"ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀʟʟᴏᴡ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ᴀʟʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴏᴘᴛɪᴏɴ."

---

Melanie

...Melanie

The agonizing scream strikes through the once silent night, causing me to jump and fall off my bed. What the hell was going on? Another cry pierces through the pitch black sky with its millions of shining stars. I stop rustling around the floor to tune into the harsh cries outside.  I glance at the clock behind me on my night stand. It is hardly 4:00am at night.

'We're under attack!'  A Pack warrior informs me and probably the rest of the Pack. I hear another bloodcurdling scream and I scramble to get up from the floor. Who would dare attack us? We don't have any problems with anyone as far as I know.

The sounds of thundering footsteps racing up the steps towards my room, snap me back to reality. I tremble and still. The nightmare I had just awoken from, was not to be left forgotten it seems. My mind still strays to it causing me to shudder at the thought of my family dying because of me, all happening in that horrible dream that I was just forcefully woken up from. I don't know why Lucas is there too. Must be the Mate Bond. Clearly all it took was one day for Lucas to take over my mind.

"Melanie!" A very familiar voice calls. A voice that belonged to the one and only-- "Melly, we have to get out of here! They're burning the house down if we don't surrender and then give you up. Your new Alpha mate, or more like weirdo's, here."

I grab the silk sheets off of my bed and hurriedly wrap them around me for comfort. It gets really hot at night and, like always, I discarded any other clothes but my comfortable, silky thin pajamas. It's not like I slept naked or anything. Although that is extremely comfortable, sometimes especially with my werewolf body heat. I stumble over to my closet and grab my velvety bathrobe, tying it around me. It was better than the thin fabric covering me before.

"MELLY! Hurry the hell up!" Jackson screams again, this time right outside. I open the door with such force that it drops off of its hinges. Whoops. Oh well.  Sometimes, my werewolf strength just took over. Jackson and I take a moment to just blink at each other. His eyes are filled with amusement but then another scream hardens his gaze.

"What's going on?" I question, worry laced into my tired voice. Can't a girl ever get some beauty sleep? I hadn't been able to sleep properly for the past few nights and I can add tonight to that list. I don't know what's wrong with me. 

"We're under attack." Well, duh. People don't just start screaming or dropping dead in the middle of the night. But what he says next shocks me. I think my heart skipped a beat. Jackson averts his eyes as if the next words pained him to say. "By the Blood Moon Pack." My mate's the cause of this chaos?