38 | 𝕕𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕠𝕦𝕤 𝕤𝕟𝕖𝕖𝕣

chapter 38
___
ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴀʟʟ-ᴘᴇʀᴠᴀᴅɪɴɢ ᴅɪᴠɪɴᴇ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴏꜰ ᴋɴᴏᴡʟᴇᴅɢᴇ, ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴏꜰ ʙʟɪꜱꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀꜱꜱɪᴏɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴏꜰ ꜰᴏʀɢɪᴠᴇɴᴇꜱꜱ.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE AT THE END!! Please read and give feedback.

I close my eyes tightly once Caine gets out of my face, my head roaring in a mild pain

I close my eyes tightly once Caine gets out of my face, my head roaring in a mild pain. I know I was hit in the head pretty bad and I was down for quite a while. How am I awake now? I also know that I awoke in Elliot's care, as he was mid-stitch in my head. I didn't even bother questioning that. As goofy as the man is, he's very capable at doing the things he loves. Especially taking care of my Pack with me, whether it's by being the Warrior he's trained to be or the doctor he's always wanted to be.

With a deep breath, I open my eyes and access our location. My eyes flit to a she-wolf's green ones as she lies on the ground a few meters away. Melanie. Her clothes are tattered and she's covered in a familiar warm, crimson liquid. One quick sniff of the air confirms that it's her blood, mixed with some of mine. Then I catch sight of a group of men, tied back-to-back with thick ropes dripping in wolfsbane. My Warriors. They look absolutely beaten, their skin different shades of bruises. Laying beside them is another woman who looks as if she's in dire need of medical care. Kathleen. I can't tell if it's the angle I'm at but I can't see one of her legs and there's a lot of blood around her lower body. 

And of course, around all of my people, are Caine and Alessandra's heathens, armed with their feral minds and shifter bodies. I'm going to have to do something to get all of my people, including my mate, out of here with their lives and hopefully with all of their limbs. As an Alpha, it's time I stand up and do what I was born to do. I've put off my heritage and my fate long enough. The original witch I met told me just that. It's time we both deal with our destiny, even if it's the end.

"What are you gonna do?" Caine jeers, harshly shoving his ugly boot into Melanie's stomach, similarly to what he did to me before realizing that I didn't care as long as everyone else was out of harm's way. My mate turns a dark shade of red as she holds in her scream, rolling into the fetal position. There must be internal damage if one kick already had her yelling in pain. I growl at the sight of her agony. I'm the reason she's here right now. I failed to protect her. I failed as her mate.

"You can't h-hurt her." I pathetically spit out the blood that had been in my mouth and it lands by Caine's feet. I'm on my side on the snow-blanketed ground, facing my mate who's curled up in my direction too. I meet her beautiful green eyes again, trying to reassure her that I'll get us out of this mess. I watch as some of the original glow comes back into her eyes but it disappears just as fast as Caine delivers another hit to her already-injured body. However, I'm still trying to figure out how everything went so wrong. Why did I hesitate? It all started with me hesitating to end it right there and then when Caine was at my feet and not the other way around.