17 | 𝕗𝕖𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕞𝕖 𝕦𝕡

chapter 17
___
ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴍʏ ꜱᴍɪʟᴇ ɪꜱ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴍʏ ʟᴀᴜɢʜ ɪ'ᴍ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛ. ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴇᴀʀꜱ ᴀᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ, ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴍʏ ʙᴏᴅʏ ɪꜱ ᴀ ꜱᴏᴜʟ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ.

 ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴇᴀʀꜱ ᴀᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ, ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴍʏ ʙᴏᴅʏ ɪꜱ ᴀ ꜱᴏᴜʟ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ

...Lucas

We continue to trudge through the woods, Jackson scowling at all the creatures we pass including tiny little squirrels and rabbits and especially the frogs and insects. For a werewolf, he seemed to not like the wild a lot. We had also decided to be straightforward with the Oracle so we could get the answers we need as soon as possible. 

And while discussing the oncoming battle, I informed Jackson that I had contacted the other ten Alphas to see which would aid us and who would choose to stay out of the war. At least four of them had responded back saying they would be joining me and Jackson and the others respectfully told me they wouldn't be able to help out. We would be having a war council meeting soon, as Jackson and I had also discussed. 

On top of that, we conceded that six Alphas and their troops would be more than enough for this battle. The extra backup would be necessary to protect the packs surrounding Caine's territory in case he and his men decided to retaliate. It was shocking how many men a Rogue prince could have. There seemed to be an endless amount of rogues in this world.

Anyways, it had already been a day and almost a half more since we had left my pack. We had stopped and hunted at night with warriors standing guard and taking shifts so they wouldn't tire out. We were steadily nearing the Oracle and a curtain of uneasiness and caution had fallen upon our group. No one but Jackson and I knew what to expect of this seer and the others were slightly fearful because seers were known to be unpredictable. Literally everything in our supernatural world was volatile.

'Now that things are going... decently,' Jake begins in my mind as he paces back and forward, rage swirling in his large wolf eyes. 'There's something I should probably tell you.' His ominous tone makes me want to stop and just focus on what he has to say.

'What?' I inquire as my moody wolf sighs. I leap over a thick log and across a wide stream before reconnecting with Jake. He stays quiet a few seconds, building up the suspense and the odd feeling that started creeping up in my mind.

'Mate kissed someone else today. I felt it though the bond.' Jake growls before dropping his head and his usually wagging tail. 'She hates us.' I can barely contain the growl and the anger wanting to escape me. This was all my fault.

'How come I didn't feel it?' I grit out, glowering. I would enjoy torturing Caine once I get my claws on him. He better not have marked or mated with my mate before the upcoming war. One kiss should be more than enough for a bloodsucker like him, even though that kiss shouldn't have even happened.