11 | 𝕒 𝕤𝕒𝕕 𝕡𝕦𝕡𝕡𝕪

chapter 11
___
ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀꜱᴛ. ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʀɪʙꜱ. ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴄᴀɴ ꜱᴇᴇ ɪᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ʜᴜʀᴛꜱ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜᴇ.

 ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴄᴀɴ ꜱᴇᴇ ɪᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ʜᴜʀᴛꜱ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜᴇ

Above is a banner made by smilechild2 . She deserves tons of credit for everything she's made for me!

***Make sure to check out the updated synopsis and let me know how you like the cast for TAOD!!***

...Melanie

Pain. So complex. It hits in so many waves at times or all at once at other times. Sometimes people don't even deserve the pain that tears them apart from within. The post-pain situation involves getting better. But does one really get better after all the hurt? After all the tears and thoughts?

Heartbreak. Now that was something everyone must've felt at some point in their lives. Heartbreak is ruthless, creating hurtful scenarios and thoughts in your head, making you believe it was something you did that made life go so unexpectedly wrong sometimes. Tearing your heart in two and making you feel like there'll be no other or that things won't get better.

In my opinion, pain develops the character. After all the hurt, the crying, the sadness, there's a time where you feel better. Happy, even. But right now, all I felt was my heart ripping in two and the Mate Bond suffering a terrible blow. Right now, it didn't seem like my life would ever get better from here. Right now, I think it must've been something I did that made Lucas go seek solace from another woman like that.

But at the end of the day, I realize it couldn't have all been me. The only reason I did anything today was to make Lucas happy for a little while. Make him smile the way he did before. Instead, he went and betrayed my hesitant trust and the Mate Bond's need for fidelity. I can't say the pain will ever go away, now.

Stumbling down the stairs as if I'm drunk, I hear footsteps behind me, suggesting that someone's coming after me. Needing to avoid them, I quickly jump into the crowd and hope I'm concealed between the bodies and the scent of sweat. My eyes dart around in desperation, in an attempt to find someone who could help me get out of here. As if my prayers were finally being answered, a familiar figure enters the Pack House a few heads over, and I let a small smile break out on my face. Using my arms, I gently push people away to get to Carmen and she looks over with a massive grin on her face that falls away when she notices my grim expression.