6 | 𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣

chapter 6
___
"ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ɪꜱ ɪɴ ʜɪᴅɪɴɢ, ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ʙᴇꜱᴛ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴ ᴅᴇᴛᴀᴄʜᴇᴅ, ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴ ɪꜱ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ʀᴀᴡ; ᴛʜᴇ ᴇʏᴇꜱ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ᴛᴇᴀʀ-ꜰɪʟʟᴇᴅ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇꜱ ᴘɪᴇʀᴄɪɴɢ."

___

Lucas

...Lucas

Her eyes slowly droop shut and her little wolf head becomes stiffer and heavier in my arms. I look further past her head at the ring of bloodied fur and burnt skin on her neck and then to her showing ribs.

My first mistake had already been made. I'd driven my mate away, for sure, with this.

"NO!" I bellow and push past my Pack members trying to get to the hospital. They clear a path despite their confusion and offer their cars among other transportation items but I refuse them. I wanted to hold her in my arms. As much as my mate pissed me off, I don't think I can ever live without her.

The second I had laid my eyes on her all those months ago, I was mesmerized. She was beautiful and I could tell that beauty reached out to me from within her too. She had the biggest, brightest green eyes, paired with a tiny button nose and the fullest, pink lips I had ever seen. Her red hair ran down her back in tight curls and bounced whenever she moved. To be fair, she's always been beautiful. That conference wasn't the first time I met her.

That wasn't the only part of her that bounced. I take a moment to shake my head clear of the thoughts both me and my wolf were suddenly stuck with. This wasn't the right place nor time for such thoughts.

That day, so many days ago, I looked her over with heated eyes, trying my best not to give anything away. Especially at the sight of her tight, white top and skirt. Her shirt hugged her in all of the right places and if you looked close enough, you could see through the shirt and what she wore beneath. Not that I was looking that closely, of course. There was a layer of slightly tanned skin visible between her shirt and skirt that made a ripple of anger tear through me. Her black skirt was tight around her little body but loose enough to let her walk. It ended at her knees to reveal her tanned, long legs and bare feet. I hold back the sound of approval I almost let loose. But at the same time, the sight of her outfit annoyed me greatly, because if I could see everything that I saw, so could other males.

She had me hanging, with that stare-off that we shared. Her eyes, defiant and full with emotions, seemed to look straight into my soul. My expressionless physique and Alpha demeanor made me lose everything I could have had with her. Damn me and my Alpha temper and what I had to do for the sake of my Pack. Had I not acted the way I did, she may not even be here and that would've been worse than the state she was in right now.

Either way, I may have possibly already lost the one girl that could make my life as if I was in Heaven. The one girl that could have made me feel like I was in Hell with one glare.