19 | 𝕤𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕚𝕣𝕖

chapter 19
___
If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate.

 Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate

 ...Lucas

My office was dark, the only light in it being cast through the window by the luminescent moon. Bottles of werewolf whiskey stand tall on my desk, papers strewn everywhere. I lean further back in my chair after I grab another full whiskey glass. Downing it, I feel like I'm drowning myself in my own despair instead. I throw the glass at the wall and it shatters upon impact, shards flying everywhere. I grab the half empty bottle and gulp its contents down before putting it on the side to get yet another.

I had finally resorted to alcohol to bring me less agony. I had finally become my father. I had accepted defeat.

I can feel my Bond with Melanie growing slightly weaker, day by day. My wolf's pain and mine had combined by this point. And it had only been a week since Carmen told me about the future dinner and the Mating Ceremony.

Alphas Theo and Reese had presented their foolproof plan to everyone and we had all agreed that this would be the best choice. Two days after our first meeting, most of the Alphas returned to their own Packs to start training their warriors more strenuously.

Although I just said I accepted defeat, it was only against the Mate Bond and my anguish. This war was still in motion and I would try my best to retrieve what's mine, no matter her connection to the hybrid asshole.

Jackson had stayed two more days to get to know Carmen. He had even asked me if she could move to his Pack. I had told him it was up to her since she was his mate and she skipped around in joy after that, until they left together. All I had to do was sign her release papers so she could transfer to his Pack.

Alex kept me as much company as he could with everything that was occurring. My closest friend, Leo, tried to keep up with me but eventually even he couldn't. My beta, Jeremy, was the only one left, trying to get my mind off of my mate and more on the training. Jeremy had been here with me and my Pack, through thin and thick, like my siblings. But unlike them, Jeremy understood me more since he too, had lost his mother almost the same way I had lost mine-- in a Pack war, a couple of years ago.

Our mothers lost their lives protecting the rest of the vulnerable children and women, or so my Beta and I had been told. After some research, we had discovered that they had actually been captured. To get at my father and his closest friend. That's when I remembered everything that seemed to have been concealed in my memory. I bet my left nut that my dad managed one, last good thing in hiding that gruesome memory from Jeremy, apparently Carmen, and I, before altogether disappearing from this world.

I despise them all, especially Caine's father. He was the reason Jeremy and I had to learn to grow up so quickly. He's the reason half the members of my Pack had died in that war and our reputation had been destroyed. He's the reason my father became so fucked up after my mother's death. He's partly the reason I am who I am now.