25 | 𝕚𝕥'𝕤 𝕞𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦

𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 25
___
ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ɴᴏ ɢʟᴏʀʏ ɪɴ ᴄʟɪᴍʙɪɴɢ ᴀ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴ ɪꜰ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ɪꜱ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴘ. ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴇɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟɪᴍʙ ɪᴛꜱᴇʟꜰ - ɪɴ ᴀʟʟ ɪᴛꜱ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ ᴏꜰ ʀᴇᴠᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙʀᴇᴀᴋ, ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴀᴛɪɢᴜᴇ - ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀꜱ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴀʟ.

 ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴇɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟɪᴍʙ ɪᴛꜱᴇʟꜰ - ɪɴ ᴀʟʟ ɪᴛꜱ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ ᴏꜰ ʀᴇᴠᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙʀᴇᴀᴋ, ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴀᴛɪɢᴜᴇ - ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀꜱ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴀʟ

(DURING THE EVENTS OF THE CLEARING-

in case anyone got confused; 
there's also going to be a whole book about Carmen and Jacksonnn later on)

...Jackson

I stumble straight into the wall rather than walking between the two walls highlighting the route to my bedroom from the stairs. I swear I'm only half blind, but even I can find the difference between walls and hallways. Carmen immediately rushes out of our room as she hears the thump of my body falling to the ground.

I groan as waves and waves of pain drift through me. It feels as though it was ripping apart the fibers of my being and then sewing them back together, only to rip them apart again. I refrain from growling, knowing that this is personal pain, not meant to be felt by my newly acquired pack or mate.

Melanie.

A headache blossoms and my stomach churns just before I turn to my side and let it all go. The scent of vomit permeates the air a few seconds later, and Carmen and I scrunch our sensitive noses. Rather than leaving me to deal with my mess, which is what I silently prefer, Carmen moves closer, wrapping her arms around me.

Violent shudders rip through me as surges of agony spread though my body like wildfire. My baby sister was out there getting tortured and I could do nothing about it. I hate this twin bond and knowledge sometimes. I feels as if I was shot in the shoulder but when I reach up, there's no blood or signs of injury. The next to hurt is my leg and back. This time I growl as my wolf joins me in the forefront of my mind.

'She's being tortured in more ways than one...' My wolf enlightens me, retreating to the back of my mind again as the pain increases tenfold suddenly. Who knows exactly what my innocent little sister is going through? She's a fighter, but even an Alpha may not be able to survive with  injuries such as the ones I'm feeling.

Having my mate beside me suppresses some of the intended anguish but it still hurt nonetheless. Melanie doesn't even have her mate with her, asshole or not. "Hey, it's going to be okay." Carmen says as a way to pacify me. My wolf, deciding that the pain was bad for both me and our mate, uses some of his remaining strength to bring a bit of sleepiness to me.

A moment passes and sleep completely overcomes me as I slouch over in Carmen's arms.

...Lucas