35 | 𝕤𝕨𝕖𝕖𝕥 𝕤𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕥

chapter 35
___
ꜱɪɴ ɪꜱ ᴛᴏᴏ ꜱᴛᴜᴘɪᴅ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴇᴇ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴅ ɪᴛꜱᴇʟꜰ.

chapter 35___ꜱɪɴ ɪꜱ ᴛᴏᴏ ꜱᴛᴜᴘɪᴅ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴇᴇ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴅ ɪᴛꜱᴇʟꜰ

...Lucas

I had no idea whether I could trust Jeremy or not, even though he kept repeatedly assuring me I should. But in the end, my need to get Melanie back, safe and sound, was greater than my distrust for who I had thought was my most trusted friend. Jeremy and I both knew what would happen if he was lying to me.

And so, we set out for the location that Caine had requested for Jeremy to meet him at. Little did Caine know, that it wouldn't only be Jeremy that's coming to meet him, but me and a good dozen of my most battle-ready warriors. We know Caine's not going to give up without a fight and a fight is exactly what he'll get. He doesn't have a lot of people left, according to what Jer has told me, and Alessandra only brought a few out of all the remaining Rogues. Out of everyone there, the only people that pose a threat at all, are Alessandra and Caine.

The Packs that they're camped around are mostly allies. If need be, the Alphas would be willing to spare a few warriors to exterminate the abomination also known as Caine. He had been becoming that big of a problem for the whole Supernatural World. 

On the other hand, my wolf and I are brimming with rage at the thought of Melanie back in Caine's hands. Who knows what he'll do with her now? The possibilities are endless and terrifyingly so. She didn't deserve any of the pain I brought upon her by merely being her mate. Once I free her from Caine, I'll tell her of how I don't expect her forgiveness like I had been before. She deserves a long life and a bright future filled with happiness, which I don't think I'll be able to ever offer her. Despite how she's changed me for the better, as I'm now more considerate and aware, more kind and controlled, and less like the son of the alcoholic and crazed Alpha before me, I will never be enough for Melanie's pure soul. The darkness within me wouldn't allow it.

When our wolves had finally reached the location Jeremy had been given, my own furry counterpart rears his violent head, growling lowly at the sight of Melanie in Caine's arms, with Alessandra hovering above with a knife. He shifts, giving control over to me and we step back further into the shadows of the trees. I close my eyes, fists clenched at the thought of what they've done to my female before reaching down to untie clothes from my ankle. My warriors come to a stop behind me, following suit. Melanie screams and we all wince as I control my wolf and shake the gruesome thoughts away. 

Jeremy moves to my side, fully clothed now, except he steps on a stick and the snap echoes around us. We all halt in our preparation to invade Caine's camp, turning slowly to Jeremy who gives us a sheepish look. There's silence in Caine's camp behind the shelter provided by the trees.

I yell a few things out as a means of taunting my enemy, knowing that the campers now know they're not alone. Then I step out into their view, and my frustration and anger peaks at the sight before me. I blow out a sardonic kiss aimed at heartsick Alessandra and my eyes snap to my mate who's suffering at the hands of the witch and her dagger.