16 | 𝕠𝕟 𝕒 𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖

chapter 16
___ 
ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏʀ ꜱᴀʏ ɪ ᴡɪꜱʜ ɪ'ᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ. ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴇxᴀᴄᴛʟʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ ɴᴇᴇᴅᴇᴅ.

 ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴇxᴀᴄᴛʟʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ ɴᴇᴇᴅᴇᴅ

...Lucas

"I say we should send some trained trackers out with some scouts to locate her." Jackson proposes while rubbing his chin in thought. He may not realize it yet, but he would be a great Alpha for his pack. Hopefully he knew the extent to his power and his ance- "We should also talk to an Oracle."

I ponder over his suggestions before grudgingly agreeing, "Not bad for someone like you who just became Alpha." His wolf emerges and flashes a snarl at me for the slight disrespect to which I smirk. "Except I've already sent out some warriors and trackers to search for her and they have located her. It would be impossible for us to infiltrate their castle with the amount of security they have going on."

Jackson frowns before gritting out, "Well that complicates things for us. Do you think if we were to attack full scale, they would lessen their guards to fight with us?"

I think for a moment, shocked at how quickly he had come up with such a good and obvious idea, "Yes they would have to do that seeing as they'd need as many men as they could spare with a surprise attack. Then we could sneak some people in to retrieve your sister."

"I believe we might have a decent plan forming here, Lucas. We'll need to think it through a bit more and get some advice from the elders before we make any decisions." Jackson grins, pleased that we have finally gotten somewhere.

"Of course," I reply, "But first things first- we visit an Oracle to see what the fates have in store for my little mate." Jackson nods and asks me to continue. "There's an Oracle two days from here. We'll have to travel in human form to meet her but... Just a warning, she's a bit frisky."

Jackson snorts before letting out a little chuckle. "If you're talking about the Oracle I'm thinking about right now, she's not just 'a bit' frisky."

I furrow my eyebrows, an internal conflict raging inside my mind with my wolf. Why had he gone to this Oracle before? As far as I knew, she only knew about the twelve Alphas and their powers, including some other special bonds.

"You've been to her before?" I voice my thoughts, silently craving answers. I know that if I was to interrogate him, it would ruin the alliance that had been slowly forming between my mate's brother and I.

"Yeah." He replies firmly after a moment of hesitation. "It was nothing." From the way his face lost all emotion to hide his thoughts, I could tell it was definitely something. And not unimportant either.

"Alright." I reply, narrowing my eyes at my mate's brother suspiciously. "We'll leave in three days to meet the Oracle once I locate her." Jackson gets up to leave and I hurriedly add in a small warning, "Bring some good warriors with you. Only the Goddess knows what we'll find out there."