27 | 𝕕𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕪

chapter 27
___
ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ ᴡᴀʟᴋꜱ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴀᴅɴᴇꜱꜱ. ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴍᴀʏ ɴᴏᴛ ᴡᴇᴀʀ ɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ꜱʟᴇᴇᴠᴇꜱ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ. 

16 years ago

16 years ago

(Just a reminder- in chapter 1, a while back I edited in that Melanie's basically 18 and Lucas is 21)

...Lucas

"Mama, how did you and daddy meet?" My big 6 year-old sister Carmen asks as we lay down on the hammock in our yard, staring up at the stars. "The other girls at school all shared their stories and I was sad because I didn't have a story." I look over at my mommy, confused. Mommy and daddy were so in love they must've been together their whole life. There's no way they met somewhere. That kind of love seems like that forever kind of love. I think I want that and I know just who to ask to be my girlfriend. She is very annoying but she'll do. Her big eyes are pretty and we go to the same werewolf school. I start telling my mommy about the pretty girl but before I can get anywhere, Carmen gets mad and reminds Momma about her question.

Mommy glances over at us with a super pretty laugh, an arm playing with Carmen's long hair and her other arm cuddling us as we rest our heads against her soft, comfy body. "We met when I was running from a big bad wolf who was up to no good, scheming to hurt his only friends and planning on taking what didn't belong to him. Your dad had been visiting the mean man, thinking that they were best friends as they had been their entire lives. He didn't know about the mean man's actual intentions. I was a Rogue-"

"But Momma, aren't Rogues bad people that want to hurt other people?" I pipe up, confused at how my mommy can be so nice when she used to be a Rogue. Daddy told us they're 'feeeral creeetures.' My mom lets out a light laugh, patting me on the head.

"No, silly, there are all kinds of people in the world and they can be anything they want to be. Nice, rude..." She trails off as her eyes unfocus. She's been doing that a lot lately. Carmen thinks it's because there's another baby in her tummy. I don't want there to be another baby in her tummy. Why is she always thinking about this new baby if it's actually there? It's not even here yet. "Anyway, I had been captured by the mean man on the same day and as I was being dragged through the halls of the man's terrible fortress, something inside of me brought out my hidden wolf. I used to hide my wolf so people wouldn't be able to find my Rogue scent. This odd feeling pulled me toward the room your father was in, and it just so happened that I was being brought to the mean man there too." She sighs as if she's recalling unhappy events in her life. Shouldn't seeing your boyfriend be a part of the happy moments?

"As I walked into the throne room, my wolf tried to take over. She wouldn't stop. And then I saw him, standing, talking to the mean man, Jorge. Jorge didn't care much for finding his mate. He already spent time betraying his future mate with a lot of different women. As I struggled against the two annoying men holding me, Julian looked over. He growled at the two men that had kicked me down to my knees and pulled me away from them and into his hug. The mean man didn't like this, I could tell that from his face. He was furious that I had found my mate, that it was one of his friends, that he wouldn't be able to make me his girlfriend. Julian took me back to his Pack, where I found out he was the next in line to be Alpha. At first I was ashamed of my status as a Rogue because his Pack wouldn't trust me and his parents hated me."