22 | 𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕒𝕞𝕪 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

chapter 22
___
ᴀʟʟ-ᴅᴀʏ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴀᴍᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀɪᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴇ ᴘᴀᴛɪᴇɴᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ.

chapter 22___ᴀʟʟ-ᴅᴀʏ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴀᴍᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀɪᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴇ ᴘᴀᴛɪᴇɴᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ

...Lucas

I avoided inhaling deeply, afraid that Caine would realize I was trying to take in my mate's delicious scent. As soon as he had entered the building, his aroma had filled the air. My wolf had come alive, pacing around with her ears down, sending lust-filled thoughts into my mind. I had suppressed the desire, even when he stood facing me, eyes locked on mine, in all of his (clothed, of course unfortunately) glory. I know there's still a large part of Celeste that disapproves of the inkling of a relationship I have with Caine. But even that, I was considering after seeing his harsh other side. She wanted Lucas and just him and she refused to accept anything less.

However, right now, I stand in pain. Caine's claws had gone deep into my waist, extracting a huge amount of blood. He still hasn't let go. Trying not to wince, I fidget uncomfortably, evading my mate's angry stare. Whoever the approaching man is, he stops just in front of Caine and I. "Disgusting, blood-thirsty abomination." Caine snarls at his words and I contain my laughter at the truth of that, beloved or not. "My lady." He bows and this time, I giggle quietly through Caine's harsh hold on my hips. "No wonder my guy Lucas is obsessed with you." He extends his hand as I glance to Lucas averting his eyes from me. "I'm Logan."

"I'm not obsessed." My mate mumbles from across the entrance hall. Things hadn't ended well last time, but he'll always be my mate and I had no choice in this matter. If I ended up with him in the future, I might have to look past the history between us. Not without a reasonable explanation though.

"What the fuck do you want?" Caine hisses, moving me behind him further so I can't see anyone and I doubt they can see me. At least his claws have left my body. He holds his bloodied hands in fists by his sides as I try to stop the blood flow. Hopefully my quick healing is still intact. 

The witches had crowded into the foyer by now and they all settled against the wall to watch the show. A young male had the decency to bring popcorn to munch on while enjoying the spectacle. A couple of the elders, along with Adora, stood ready to intervene in case a fight broke out. Others looked slightly bloodthirsty. They all radiated power.  

I edge toward one side so I can still have a view of what's happening. Instinct drives me to look at my mate and I meet his intense and furious gaze as he curls his hands into fists. "Look at what you just did to your beloved." My mate spits out, his eyes darkening with the appearance of his wolf and both their rage. He takes an impending step forward, intent written all over his face. He knows they can't fight here. Who knows what the witches' consequences would be.

Caine turns to see what Lucas was referring to, as if he hadn't smelled my blood or felt me recoiling in pain earlier. It's such a contrast to the way he acts at his castle. It hurts to think that it might've just been an act. Without a single shit given from him, he swivels back to Lucas. "She's fine." He replies, sneering at my mate and I flinch at his tone. A scoff bubbles past my lips and Caine turns around to face a horrified me. "Is there something you'd like to say?" My so-called beloved says in a menacing tone, daring me to give him a response.