4 | 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣𝕤

chapter 4
___
"ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ꜰʟʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴡɪɴɢ; ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ."

___

Melanie

...Melanie

"Put me down!" I demand, pounding my fists on his back, even though this seemed to be ineffective earlier too. His muscles shift under my weight and I notice how well defined his body must be. My wolf reminds me about when I saw my mate earlier when he was shirtless... Why did the Moon Goddess have to bless such a horrible person with gorgeousness?

Head out of the gutters, Melanie! I shake my head to get rid of the troublesome thoughts my wolf kept sending to me. 'It's not me.' Celeste points out but I ignore her. She's the one who originally wanted our aggressive-for-no-reason mate and who tried to follow the instincts of the Mate Bond.

'Why can't he just leave us alone?' I muse because he doesn't seem nor act like he wants me at all. Apparently, it's an entirely different case between the wolves. Celeste is quick to remind me of that as she shakes her head at my thoughts.

"No." He replies casually, shrugging his shoulders. The muscles clench under my hands and I hold back the sudden need to explore his body, cursing Celeste. Suddenly, I feel all of the blood rush to my head. And the need to empty my already-empty stomach.

"Unless you want me to throw up all over your back." I shrug my own shoulders this time, my lips curling up into a mischievous grin. I got the upper hand now, buddy. "I mean, I wouldn't really mind..." I trail off. I knew I got him this time- smack. My mate suddenly stops and my face hits his ass. Rubbing my nose, I groan softly.

He finally puts me down after some sort of internal battle as it takes him a few moments before making a decision. Lucas holds me firmly glued to his side. My empty stomach rolls around, grumbling. Oh Goddess, he's not going to make this easy, is he?

I groan again and try to pull away, hoping to avoid throwing up. Which so obviously doesn't work when I continue to find myself wrapped in his arms. Thankfully, I am able to restrain my stomach though. I ignore the tingles which, by now, has become a habit of mine. I need space and a moment to think.

"Why can't you just leave me alone? You don't care about me. Hell, you don't even want me!" I burst, furious and needing to let out all the pent up rage inside of me. I think he remembers what happened the last time I was like this, a couple of hours ago when I had tried to reject him.

Even Celeste was now slightly angry at her mate's human counterpart which is something. She's still obsessing over his wolf though. But not angry enough to reject him which she lectured me about after. Cause even she's closer to hating him, despite the Mate Bond and the desperate urge to jump him. I'm almost proud of Celeste and I'm glad I have her. At least I'm not alone in this.