15 | 𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕝 𝕘𝕠𝕠𝕕𝕓𝕪𝕖𝕤

chapter 15
___
ɪ ᴄʀɪᴇᴅ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜ. ɪ ʟᴀᴜɢʜᴇᴅ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜ. ɪ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜ. ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ɪ'ᴍ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜ.

 ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ɪ'ᴍ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜ

...Melanie

"Shawty had them Apple Bottom jeeeans, boots with the fuuur. The whole club was lookin' at herrr! She hit the flooooor. Next thang you knoooow, shawty got low-low-low-low-low-low-low-low!" I sing loudly in sync with the MP3 player I had found hidden under the bed. I sway my hips to the beat, dragging my hands through my hair all while ignoring the sting of my wound.

Yes, I'm weird. I know. It's sometimes embarassing.

The music player had looked unnatural in the room, being the only present-day item in this old castle. I look back at how I had found it which results in me thinking back to the events that occurred after my shower and my useless musings while I stood under the stream of lukewarm water. The song echoes across the spacious room as I think back.

Meh. Those shower thoughts are irrelevant. At least right now. The only significant thing right now is the music and the pain medication I had found on the night stand. I may or may not have possibly taken too much but it's not like the doctor had told me how many I needed.

"I love you, babyyy. And if it's quite all right-" Just as I hit the chorus of a new song now of which I don't know the lyrics at all, something called 'i love you, baby,' the door opens. Glancing over to the person, I quickly dash to the boom box, turning it off. Realizing what I just sang in the man's presence, I blush a deep red, avoiding looking at his smirky face.

"Isn't it too soon to say that to each other?" Caine chuckles as I blush a darker red, and then he casually strolls over to sit on the bed where the MP3 rests. It's not like it's my room but I had been given the room to (probably) stay in and so I feel irritated at the fact that he's intruding. He hadn't knocked like any other polite person would do. "My brother used to listen to music on this all the time. He used to sing along too, like you."

When I finally realize I was the one intruding in someone else's room, I scrunch up my eyebrows, wondering why they left me here in the first place when there must've been a hundred other rooms in this castle. I sit beside Caine as I ask, "Where's he now? Why am I here?"

"Six feet under the ground. This room's the closest to mine and that's why you're here." Caine mutters, looking away momentarily before casting his dark gaze onto me and then down to the clothing I'm wearing. "You look beautiful."

"I'm sorry." I reply, genuinely feeling bad for asking now. Then- "Shut up." I hiss at his compliment, before turning back to fidget with the music player, to conceal my slightly reddening skin. What's wrong with me? "Why am I here? I know I'm either your 'beloved' or your 'mate' or whatever. But what does that mean?" I make air quotations at both titles and I assume that's what sets him off to jump up next.