14 | 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕚𝕖𝕕

chapter 14
___
ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴ, ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪɢɴᴀʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱɪɴꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʟᴇꜱꜱ.

chapter 14___ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴ, ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪɢɴᴀʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱɪɴꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʟᴇꜱꜱ

...Lucas

A whole two hours later, my doorbell rings, announcing the arrival of Leo. He always knew how to be both fashionably late and annoying. "I thought you said you'd be here in ten?" I grumble, raising an eyebrow at him as I open my door for him.

"Well, you see, you disrupted a fun-filled night." Leo starts. I raise my hand to stop him but he doesn't listen and goes on with a smirk. "I had to leave my girlfriend back home. You always ruin all the fun." He chuckles at my disgusted expression. What a womanizer.

"I didn't need the details." I murmur as I walk with long strides to the kitchen. Leo follows me, looking around at my house with a slightly shocked expression. Quite a lot of things can change in two years. "There are important matters to discuss."

"Of course you didn't." Leo snickers quietly before flopping down onto my dining table itself, rather than a chair. "Now, why did you have to ruin my night?"

"I need you to track someone down for me," Ignoring his last statement, I continue my demands, knowing they were of importance to not only us, but the whole Supernatural World. Caine had enough Rogues to destroy a few mid-sized Packs, that I'm sure of. But if he hurts Melanie, he'd end up taking over my Pack too and I do not want to subject my people to that. At that point, Caine would gain all the power he would need to subject all werewolves to his cruelty. "I have the blood you can use for your spell."

Leo studies me carefully, "What happened?" He slides off of my dining table and into one of the chairs beside it while keeping an eye on me for my answer. So that's what I do. I start explaining about how I found my mate and how I got her. I explain the attack, how Melanie ran away from me and repeatedly disrespected me in public, and her attempt at rejecting me. Once I'm at the part where I chained Melanie to get her to accept me as her mate and submit to me, pain suddenly erupts in my head.

"W-what the h-hell?" I yelp, cradling my head in my hands as I fall onto my knees from the weakening pain. Leo's staring at me with steely eyes, his hands out in front of him as if he's casting a spell. "What th-the f-fuck, man?" I hiss as soon as I realize it's him casting the spell that's causing microscopic needles to poke at my brain, sending pain throughout my head and body. I don't even question the type or weird voodoo shit warlocks and witches can do. I know better than to piss them off, but feeling Leo's anger for the first time, like ever? Hurts like a bitch.

"You really did that to her?" Leo shakes his head and laughs humorlessly. "You dumb shit." He kicks me in the chest and I fall onto my back, still crying out in pain. He had already felt the pain of losing his other half and he absolutely hated it when someone else wasted their life, soul, and hurt their other half like this. Leo might be one of my closest friends, but there are always intolerable things, such as my past actions with my mate. Leo knows I heal faster than the average wolf anyway, so that kind of excuses his brain-melting voodoo.