33 | 𝕕𝕣𝕚𝕡𝕡𝕚𝕟𝕘

chapter 33
___
ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏꜱᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜᴏʀɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ɢʟᴀᴅɴᴇꜱꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ.

chapter 33___ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏꜱᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜᴏʀɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ɢʟᴀᴅɴᴇꜱꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ

...Lucas

"Jer, Jer, Jer..." I taunt, trailing my hand across the major artery on the left side of his neck, near where his mate's Mark sits. He's completely still under my touch, barely breathing. I haven't even done anything to him yet. I don't have it in me to hurt this man, despite his treason. My wolf, on the other hand, is begging for control so he can give our Beta a piece of his mind. "What should I do with you?" 

We're currently in my Pack Prison with Jeremy in a regular old cell, not unlike the one that Melanie had been in when my stupidity had me lock her up in here. He's tied down to a metal chair with wolfsbane-soaked ropes, and a tool cart, filled with silver torture devices and a cup of concentrated wolfsbane, sits beside him. Every now and then, Jeremy casts a fearful look at the cart before his eyes dash to the warriors at the door, and then finally to me. His mouth is covered with a piece of cloth dripping with (you guessed it) wolfsbane. I can see where the liquid has been burning his skin, turning it a dark red that's oozing blood, and preventing the injuries from healing. 

I rip the gag off of him, despite it turning my own hand an ugly shade of red, and adding my scent of burning flesh to Jeremy's. Jeremy groans in pain as his face finally starts healing the tiniest bit. "I want answers." I state, drilling my eyes into the side of his hanging head. He grunts.

"Y-you do realize I would've given answers either way?" Jeremy meets my gaze with dull eyes, a ghost of a smile lingering on his face. Righttt, he said he didn't want to betray me but he had to. Doesn't matter, this way's more fun. Call me sadistic, but you gotta do what you gotta do, especially when it's not just about me and Jeremy anymore. My whole entire Pack is at stake, Hell, every Pack might be at stake because that's just how powerful Caine and Alessandra can be. And together? That just makes it even worse.

"Yeah, but you know better than to expect me to allow a treasonous man to wander freely around my Pack, especially with my mate Goddess knows where with Caine and Alessandra." I  narrow my eyes at Jeremy, watching as he sighs, hanging his head once more. How can I trust him again? It would be blind trust and I don't even think I'm capable of it. I hadn't been able to trust my own mate who is meant to be my other half, so how do I trust someone whose only ties to me are my Alpha title and my Pack?

"I-I thought they'd give Kathy back if I gave those two over. But they still have her. They want me to meet them far, on the other side of Silver Wolf territory. I want to help you, Alpha. If you'd let me." Jeremy takes a second as he levels my gaze, lifting his chin up like the Beta he's supposed to be. "Why else would I tell you all of this?"

"How can I trust you won't pull another fast one on me, to get Kathy back?" Can you blame me for my doubts and trust issues?

"Because I know, if I do that again, I'll destroy our Pack and if I do that, I want you to kill me. I don't want to be forced into treason again," Jeremy looks up at me with wide eyes, wincing every now and then at the ropes around his hands and feet. "Besides, remember the witch's promise? I think it's time to call in that favor."