28 | 𝕝𝕖𝕘𝕤 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕤𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕

chapter 28
___
ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪꜱ ᴀ ꜱᴀᴄʀᴇᴅɴᴇꜱꜱ ɪɴ ᴛᴇᴀʀꜱ. ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀʀᴋ ᴏꜰ ᴡᴇᴀᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ. ᴛʜᴇʏ ꜱᴘᴇᴀᴋ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴇʟᴏQᴜᴇɴᴛʟʏ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜꜱᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴏɴɢᴜᴇꜱ. ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴇꜱꜱᴇɴɢᴇʀꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴏᴠᴇʀᴡʜᴇʟᴍɪɴɢ ɢʀɪᴇꜰ, ᴏꜰ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀɪᴛɪᴏɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴜɴꜱᴘᴇᴀᴋᴀʙʟᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ.

This is a violent, gruesome, and detailed chapter with sexual assault so please skip it if at any moment you believe it's too much

This is a violent, gruesome, and detailed chapter with sexual assault so please skip it if at any moment you believe it's too much. Don't say I didn't warn you.

8 years ago

"CAINE, LET GO OF MY LEG!" I yell down at my best friend as he clings onto my leg in the hopes of not falling off the tree and onto the ground, meters below us. I can't remember which idiot's idea it was to climb the tallest tree in my dad's pack. "We're both gonna fall and get hurt! If only one of us falls, the other can help them and it won't be as bad."

"It was your idea!" Caine yelps as he glances down at the ground, so far away. My parents always said Caine was always like this, never wanting to allow anyone to help him out and always trying to keep others away from success. As my grip slips around the thick branch that I'm sitting on, my mind replays memories of  more of my parent's words' as they warned me to stay away from a kid like Caine and his family. Maybe, just maybe they might be right. Or maybe I'm just a bad friend. 

As I fall, I recall a starry night with my mom, sister and unborn sibling, and my story of a pretty little red-haired girl. Now there's another baby on the way, almost eight years after that unborn sibling, my brother Alex, was born. I hope it's a girl this time.

My parents hate Caine's family and I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual. I've grown up, hearing about the things that Caine's family did to mine. Although his family might be despicable, Caine himself is nothing like his father. At least as far as he's shown.

When I hit the ground, I blink away the memories and focus on the pain enveloping my body. Caine lays a few feet away, a bone protruding from his leg which is twisted in an odd angle and I can't lift my head up enough to see if anything else is wrong. I can't move my arm-- I'm pretty sure I dislocated my own shoulder. I'm surprised we didn't get any worse injuries seeing as where we had been sitting on the tree had been so high up. I try to call out to Caine but all I can do is wheeze as all the breath had been knocked out of my lungs.

*-*-*-*-*

"I don't want you leaving our house anymore," My father growls as he talks with my mom in the kitchen. I don't mean to eavesdrop but my dad gets loud when he's worried or angry and he seems to be a bit of both. A few hours ago I had fallen from that tree and I managed to mind-link my dad just before slipping out of consciousness. They had discovered our broken bodies and rushed us to the pack hospital where they fixed us up to the best of their abilities. Now I wait on our living room sofa for my wolf to do the rest of the work. Caine had been taken home.