Jason Todd x Reader: Please

(Y/N) = Your Name

(H/C) = Hair Color

(E/C) = Eye Color

It was about three in the morning, around the time Jason comes home from patrolling and your sitting in the living room, in your pajamas, waiting for him to come home safely. You and Jason have been dating for two months or so and he has already told you about his second life as the Red Hood. Besides your wishes, Jason made you promise not to get involved in his line of work.

But that didn't mean you couldn't stay up till he gets home every night.

Most of the time you would end up falling asleep on the coach or laying in your bed, pretending to sleep until Jason got home. He hated it, but it was all you could do to make sure he was safe.

Jason was so busy trying to protect others and be others hero, which you loved tremendously, but sometimes he forgot to take care of himself. That was were you came in. You made sure he ate and slept and relaxed every once and a while.

The window suddenly slid open and your boyfriend wearing a red helmet on his head came up through the fire escape. Jason wasn't covered head to toe in blood like he did some nights and seemed to be unharmed. He took off his helmet, revealing his strong jaw and black hair.

His nice blue eyes caught sight through his red domino mask. You always teased him of how stupid it was to wear a mask under a helmet, but he just ignored your comments. You continued to sit, wrapped in a blanket. His handsome face instantly turned into a frown at the sight of your very awake face.

"(Y/N)? What are you still doing up? Don't you have work in the morning?" He interrogated as he walked towards you, coming to stand in front of you.

 You pretend to think about what he says for a moment. "Oh yeah. Work."

He narrowed his pretty eyes at you as you hide behind you (H/C) locks in a form of innocence. "I told you not to wait up for me."

"And I told you that I don't follow orders."

"(Y/N), this is serious. It is stupid for you to keep waiting up for me. You need sleep," Jason placed his hands on either side of your head, staring you straight in the eyes.

Your (E/C) eyes narrowed at the man in front of you as you steam, "It is stupid for you to go out ever night! Did you ever think how helpless I feel when you go out to do god knows what and I have to just sit here and wait?"

You stand up, making Jason stumble back so he doesn't fall on you. "I'm sorry I care about you! I'm so sorry that me waiting up for you is the only thing I can do! I'm sorry!" You yell, turning to walk back to your room when the anti-heroes iron grip holds onto your arm.

"You don't have to wait up for me!" Jason yells, turning you around to face him. His blue eyes blaze as he yells, "I never asked for you to wait up for me! I never asked you to do any of this!"

"Sometimes you don't need to be asked to do things, Jason. Sometimes, when you care about someone, you do things because you know what's best for them."

You stand in silence, Jason tense with anger as he swallowed a lump in his throat. You watch him, never taking your (E/C) eyes off of you boyfriend. Jason lets go of your arm, making fists with his hands as he closes his eyes tightly. When he opens them again, the anger is gone and the only thing left is desperation.

"Please, just please, go to sleep," Jason asked in a small voice, like glass about to break.

It broke your heart to see him this way. His eyes so pleading and broken. You wrap your arms around his shoulders as you pull him close to you, letting him rest his head on your shoulder.

"It's okay, Jason. I'm not really tired."