Roy Harper/Arsenal x Reader: Come Back

(Y/N) - Your Name

(E/C) - Your Eye Color

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were just sitting on the coach and flicking through channels when you heard a knock at the door. You stood up and cautiously walked towards the door. You were aware they could very well me a murdering psychopath on the other side of the door and in Star City, those chances were only amplified. 

You slowly look through the small hole through the door and roll your eyes at what you see. You open the door with a scowl as your eyes land on the man in front of you. He has shoulder length red hair under a red baseball cap, stubble dotted across his strong jaw, and glossy blue eyes. 

He swayed slightly on his feet and you could easily tell he was drunk. 

You let out a sigh as you leaned against the doorframe, crossing your arms stubbornly. "What do you want, Roy?" 

"I want you back," He said groggily, staring at you wide puppy-dog eyes. 

"We've talked about this; leave me alone." You were about to turn away and slam the door in his face when he tried to argue, but fell forward and you had to catch him. 

You muttered curses under your breath as you helped Roy into the apartment, shutting the door with a slam before placing the drunken slug on the couch. You got him a glass of water and sat on the other end of the coach as you watched him drink it. 

"Thanks," He said, putting the now empty cup down as he folded his legs onto the couch, throwing you longing glances. 

"What are you doing here, Roy?" You ask, getting right for the chase. You were tired of his crap. 

"I want you back," Roy repeated from earlier. 

"No, Roy," You said curtly. "I don't know how many times I have to tell you: It's over. We're done." 

"But (Y/N)--"

"No buts!" You burst out, getting more annoyed and angry by the second. "It's over! I told you never to come back and here you are again. What is this? The third time this happened? I don't get when you're going to get it into your head, Harper! We're not getting back together!"

His face was already so sad, but now it fell so low. His eye brows rose as it looked like he was about to cry. Roy looked down at the ground, refusing to make eye contact or even acknowledge what you said. 

You felt a pang in your chest. It hurt you having to push him away, but what else could you do? Roy had put you through too much crap to put up with it anymore. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Fool me four times and it's over. 

First it was just showing up late, never coming home and when he did come home, he never told you anything about what happened. He said he was keeping you safe, but he was just pushing you away. You wanted him to share that part of his life with you and he didn't do that. 

Then he fell into this state of depression when Oliver Queen screwed him over. You tried to make him happy and be there for him, but he just pushed you away and yelled at you. Then he ran off on a suicide mission to fight Killer Croc, where he planned to die. He didn't even give you a chance to help him. 

Joining the Outlaws helped a lot for him. You guys were finally back to normal but there was always that tingle of doubt in the back of your mind that he could snap again at any moment. But that didn't matter as that doubt was buried under hope. 

Then you heard about what Roy did with Starfire and that was the final straw. 

"(Y/N), please. I made a mistake! I'll make it up to you!" Roy practically begs, but you weren't buying it. That is what he said last time and the time before that and the time before that. You were tired of his false promises.