Billy Batson x Reader: Super Not Heroes

Requested by princessleeuhh

(Y/N): Your Name

(Y/LF/S): Your Least Favorite Subject

"(Y/N)!" You heard your name being called from behind you and you grin as you see a boy your age run over to you with his shaggy dark hair and nice eyes. You wait for him to catch up to you as his backpack bounces wildly on his shoulders. 

He finally got to you and you notice his baseball bat in his hands. 

"Game tonight?" You ask and he nods.

"You wanna come? You can cheer me on," He says cockily and you push his shoulder jokingly. 

"Oh shut up. You're not that good." 

"Excuse me?" He acts offended. "I'm the best on the team." 

"What about Michael Newman?" You point out and Billy lets out a groan and rolls his eyes. 

"That guy is such a douche," The fifteen year old boy said as he crossed his arms. 

You roll your eyes at your best friend's ridiculousness as you cave. "Yeah, I'll go." 

Billy grins happily as you two make your way to the library to study for some stupid test that was coming up in (Y/LF/S). You always struggled with it and luckily for you, Billy seemed to be an expert and happily offered to help you out. 

When you got to the huge library, you sat down at one of the round tables and you and Billy get to work. Eventually, the librarian turns up the television to show Superman taking down one of the many villains that seem to attack Metropolis. 

"Ugh, I hate that guy," You mutter as you continue copying some notes that Billy wrote down. 

Billy looked up at the screen before looking at you, confused. "Why? Superman's great!"

"Oh poor, naïve Billy," You shake your head at him. "Heroes suck."

"Heroes suck?" Billy asked, still confused. 

"If you think about it, ever since heroes started popping up everywhere, so did the villains. Villains are drawn to heroes and most of the time the villains have a vendetta against the heroes and they release it on innocent people. All the heroes fault," You say nonchalantly as if you practiced this argument in the mirror a hundred times. "At least that's what my parents tell me." 

"Heroes are the good guys. They stop the villains!" Billy defended them hotly. 

"Or they are the ones who cause them to attack. And don't you watch any of the fights on TV? Heroes destroy buildings and don't you think people die in those fights?" You ask, silently wondering why Billy was defending heroes so much. He acts like he is one. 

"But they're just trying to help. They stop all the crime and make the world a better place," Billy forces out. 

"You sound like a philosopher," You say, not exactly knowing what a philosopher is. 

Billy crossed his arms and shoots back, "You sound like a cynic."

"It's called being realistic," You say dryly. "It's not like it really matters. It's not like either of us are superheroes, so why does it matter." 

Billy gets a weird look on his face as if he ate a lemon before he said, "I have to go home." 

He hurries to pack up his stuff and slings his backpack over his shoulder before hurrying out of the library. 

"Wait!" You yell after him. "What about studying?" 

When you saw he was fully gone, you let out a grown and slam your head onto your work book. 

That night you heard a tap, tap on your window and open it to see what stupid woodpecker was slamming its beak against your window when a small pebble hit your head. 

"Ow!" You yell. 

"Sorry!" Billy's voice rises up from your yard. 

"What are you doing here?" You ask, holding a hand up to your forehead. 

"I couldn't sleep because of what you said about superheroes and I can't keep secrets from you, because you're too good of a friend and always know when I'm lying and I've been wanting to tell you for a while now and I really hope you don't hate me," Billy said quickly. "I'm a superhero." 

You stare at him for a moment before letting out a loud bark of laughter that scared off the birds in your backyard. 

"Funny," You say. "I'm going back to bed now." 

"Wait!" Billy yelled as you turn around to go back to sleep. "I can prove it!"

You turn to your friend, arching an eyebrow in doubt as he seems to prepare himself. 

"SHAZAM!" He yells and nothing happens for a moment, until something does. 

Lightning arks down from the sky and hits Billy head on and you scream, thinking your friend just died, but instead of a dead, burnt body, there was a large, muscular man standing in the middle of your yard and it takes you a second to realize that it was the superhero Shazam, who you just realized was Billy. 

"Holy shit! You're a superhero!"