Jason Todd x Reader: Anger

You were completely pissed off. 

Not sad, just angry. At Bruce, Jason, the Joker. All of them.

One of the guys you kind of considered as a boyfriend--maybe, ran off despite orders without telling you. The same guy who just decided to try and contact his mother and do something obviously dangerous. He decided to leave you and didn't care about the consequences. 

Bruce didn't tell you that Jason got kidnapped the same day he kissed you before running off. Bruce didn't even tell you he died until a week later. A whole week of your asking about Jason and him just giving you pained looks like the subject was too horrible to talk about. When he finally told you, you weren't very shocked. 

Finally, you were mad at the Joker for killing him. Beating Jason with a crowbar and then rubbing salt in the wound by blowing up the warehouse the Clown Prince of Crime was keeping him. Bruce held his battered body in his arms. 

That is when you went rogue. 

You were so filled with anger. Your hands were shaking and you heart beating erratically in your chest. You just felt like the whole world was crushing you, trying to get you to snap. But you refused to snap and instead turned to steel so you wouldn't be crushed.

Bruce said you turned cold and emotionless, not letting anyone in to help you. You told him that he was describing himself. 

Now you were sitting on some skyscraper in Gotham as you looked down on the building before you where the Joker was keeping multiple hostages. You have made it your duty to make sure that the only person that dies that night is the Joker.

Batman barked orders through the comms, but you basically ignored them. It was like you were going on autopilot--answering his questions like you should be. It was like lines you practiced of a script. The Dark Knight then gave the order to move in. 

You slipped through the skylight of the building after having zip lined to the top of the building. The glass top slid off easily as you slipped into the building. That is when the plan changed. 

Instead of doing the regular hid in the shadows until Batman gave the call, you leaped right in front of the Joker and into the middle of the hostages. Bruce's shouting in your ear was blocked out by the rage that turned your vision red as you looking into the large and blood red grin of the monster who killed Jason Todd--the second Robin. 

All you remember is laughter. Taunting, mockery. That was all before you lunged at the Joker with a crowbar gripped tightly in your hand. You swung it at his head, but it never reached it's target as you were tackled to the ground. Bruce tried to hold you down as you screamed curses as you tried to kill the Joker with your eyes. 

"Can't keep your own side-kick in control?" 

Then the horrible, mocking laughter filled your brain, only fueling your mindless rage as you wanted to strangle the Joker. Make him feel the pain you felt when Jason died. To feel the same pain Jason probably felt. You wanted the man dead and no reasoning from Bruce could stop that. 

"Do you think Robin would have wanted this?"

If you don't think Jason wouldn't have wanted this, then you never knew Jason at all.

Maybe it was the adrenaline coursing through your veins or the anger that made you stronger, but you managed to push Batman off and lunged towards the Clown Prince of Crime one last time. 

But you didn't look before you lunged. Before your feet left the floor and your hands were outstretched to grab his throat in your hands and strangle him. 

It was already to late before you saw the shiny pistol gleaming in his pale hand. 

Bang. 

Your body crumbled. There were screams and there was laughter. A window broke, a villain got away, but Bruce stayed. He held your dead body in his arms as the bullet wound from your forehead trickled blood lightly down his nose. 

You were dead and there was no coming back for you.