Hal Jordan x Reader: Green Monsters

Requested by Rene_is_siren

Sorry if this wasn't what you wanted!

(Y/N): Your Name

(Y/NN): Your Nickname

You were currently wearing one of the most fancy outfits in your closets as you were at Bruce Wayne's charity gala of the year. You and Bruce were close friends, but you referred to him most of the time as Batman. Yes, you are apart of the Justice League and know thee Dark Knight's real identity. 

You were currently talking with Diana, who was wearing a strapless blue dress and her hair in a bun. Most of the League was here tonight. You could see Oliver and Dinah in the corner; talking, laughing, and no doubt flirting with each other. Barry was by the snack bar and Clark was talking with Bruce in the center of the room. Clark brought along Lois Lane and there was a girl with dark hair next to Bruce, her hand gently on his shoulder. 

Diana went off to mingle with others as you looked around for your date. You looked up at the huge clock that was on one of the walls of the ballroom and saw that he was already an hour late, but you didn't expect much else--not that that means you aren't mad anyways. 

You decided to talk some with Barry, who looked embarrassed to be caught with barbeque sauce running down the corner of his lip. You two were still talking when you finally saw the man of the hour walk in. 

Hal entered the room wearing a sharp black tux with a green tie. His brunette hair looked like he just got out of bed and his brown eyes scanned the room, looking for you. 

Your eyes made contact as he started making his way over to you, but you ignored him and continued talking to Barry. You continued to ignore him even after he joined your side and wrapped an arm around your shoulders. 

"Hello, darling," He gave you one of his lopsided grins, but you continued to ignore him, making him frown. 

Barry looked between the two of you oddly as you continued to talk to Barry as if Hal never even showed up. Barry soon excused himself and left you by Hal. 

You turn away from your boyfriend and started to look at the cheese and crackers, popping a few into your mouth nonchalantly. 

Hal started to get frustrated with you as he grabbed your arm and turned you around to face him. "Did I do something wrong? You seem made at me."

You stare right through him and continue chewing on your cheese and crackers. 

"You're mad? Why?" Hal asked. "I didn't do anything wrong!"

You glare at him pointedly. "You were late." 

Hal check the big clock and let out a scoff, "By, like, ten minutes!"

"An hour!" You exclaim. "An hour of my being alone at some big fancy gala without a date." 

"I'm sorry?" Hal said, but it sounded more like a question than a statement. 

You roll your eyes before turning away and walking into the crowd. 

"Where are you going?" The Green Lantern yells after you. 

"To find a better date!"

Not thirty minutes later were you talking up some handsome man that Bruce introduced you too. Apparently he was Bruce's best friend when they were friends and still good friends (which Clark was kind of jealous about, but okay). He was extremely handsome with brown hair that was leaning more towards ginger and nice blue eyes. His name was Tommy and he was a doctor.