T H R E E

Rogue sat in the room they put her in. It was locked tight and had a window, it looked like a mirror on her side but she knew it was a window. She wasn't stupid. They were afraid of her power. It's understandable. 

     But, the one thing Rogue can't stop thinking about is how she got here. All she remembers is being in Hank's lab, him saying her powers have mutated then a sharp pain in their heads and then it all went blank... 

     Maybe it's her mutated powers. Maybe they tried to save Rogue by getting her away from the danger and the danger was in her own universe so they sent her to this one? Maybe... Maybe not...

     Suddenly, the cover on the window that made it look like a mirror went off. She saw Fury on the other side.

     "Hello, Rogue. I'm glad you've calmed down." Fury told her.

     Rogue stayed silent, she wasn't going to talk to them. She didn't want to talk to them. She didn't trust them.

     "Silent treatment, huh? Well. Hopefully, you'll get out of it. You see Rogue, your not a bad person. That group you spoke of, it wasn't a bad group. You saved people. You can do it again. I know you can. If you just accept the reality," He said.

     "What reality?" Rogue asked coldly.

     "That the people you knew in your old universe are gone. Your powers protected you when everyone like you was being killed. That's why you're here. You can drown in the grief or you can help us not end up like them," Fury explained.

     "Your wrong. They aren't dead." She argued.

     "Am I?" Was all he asked.

     Rogue thought about it... What if he was right? What if... They all are right? Everyone she loved is dead? Logan, Bobby, Storm, Jean, Scott, the professor... 

     The window shield went back up returning it to a mirror. She felt a tear run down her cheek. She wiped it away and brought her knees to her chest. 

      A woman had come in there with new clothes. Just a white t-shirt and white pants with some matching white gloves. She made sure her uniform wasn't thrown away. She didn't want everything she knew before to disappear. She needed the reminder.

~~~~~

     Fury watched the girl as he waited for Romanoff to return with Tony Stark and Steve Rogers. He wasn't sure what reaction they would have to her. He hoped it would be some kind of good and not judging.

    The door opened and they entered the room. Natasha leads Steve and Tony in. 

    Steve looked around it was a small room; it had a door and a window. When he looked through the window he saw a small white room, that had a single bed. On it was a girl who looked no older than her early 20s. She didn't seem like she wanted to be here. 

     "Fury, what is this?" He asked crossing his arms.

     "This is what caused that explosion in New Mexico." Fury answered as he picked up the case file.

     "This girl, caused that big explosion?" Tony asked sounding impressed.

     "Yes, she did," Fury opened the file, "her name is Rogue. We don't know if it's her real name or just some kind of code name. She isn't from Earth. Or this Earth to be exact," He began to explain.

     "This Earth? Does that mean..." Steve started to ask.

     "Parallel Universes." Tony finished.

     "That's right, she is from another copy of our own Earth. One where humans have mutated or at least some humans have. They are called Mutants. People amazing abilities," Fury glanced at Rogue, "this girl traveled from her own universe into ours. She doesn't even know how she did it. If she does know, she won't tell us. She doesn't trust us." 

     "I wouldn't either if I was locked up, isolated from everyone else," Tony said judgingly.

     "Well, she sort put our best doctor in a permanent coma." Fury told them.

      "She looks... Young." Steve inquired.

      "Well, that's because she's only 24-years-old. Judging from what the doctor saw, she just turned 24," Fury turned to Steve, "I want you to talk to her, get her to tell us what she can do and how she got here. Get her to trust us. You seem to be good at that." Fury explained.

     "What stops her from using her abilities on him?" Tony asked.

     "Nothing. But hopefully, she won't need too," Fury said.

     "I'll do it," Steve nodded, "let me in."

     Fury went to let Steve in but before he did he turned to him. "I wouldn't be touched by her bare hands if I were you." He warned...

     Steve nodded confused and braced himself to meet the girl. Fury opened the door and he went in.