T H I R T Y O N E

Rogue sat at the cafe in her disguise, a few tables away was Wanda and few tables away from her was Natasha. Sam was on the roof scoping it out and Steve was inside one of the high buildings. Rogue stirred her drink before taking a sip. 

     They were in Legos for the mission. Someone from their past had come back, Rumlow. He wants revenge for what happened to Hydra. It's obvious. The mission is clear, take him in. Take him down. You know, she wishes that it could have ended when they took down Hydra and SHIELD but it seems the past just keeps knocking on their door.

     "Alright, what do you see?" Steve asked through the earpiece.

    Rogue looked around and caught sight of some police officers but that was it, it was really quiet here, "standard beat cops. Small station. It's just a quiet street. It's a good target," she told him.

    "There's an ATM in the south corner, which means?" Steve asked.

    "Cameras," Wanda answered.

    "Both cross streets are one-way," Steve said.

    "So, compromised escape routes," she responded.

    "Which means our guy doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid of making a mess on the way out," Steve explained.

     "Has he ever cared?" Rogue asked remembering the couple years back when they fought Hydra/SHIELD. 

     "He didn't when he tried to kill me," Sam said.

    "Focus people," Steve told them, "you see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

     "Yeah, near the red one? It's cute," Wanda answered.

     "It's also bulletproof which means private security... Which means more guns... Which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us." Natasha said.

    "You guys know Rogue and I can move things with our minds, right?" Wanda asked.

    Rogue smirked at that. "As much fun as that would be..." She began.

   "Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." Natasha finished.

    "Anybody ever tell you you're little paranoid?" Sam asked.

    "All the time, anyone ever tell you you're a bit too nonparanoid?" Rogue joked with a grin.

    "All the time," Sam mimicked.

     "Eyes on the target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him," Steve told them.

     Rogue raised her eyebrows, "yeah, good enough lead that you had to call me in."

    "I know, I know," Steve nodded, "owe you one."

    "Damn right you do," she laughed.

    "Sam, see that garbage truck? Tag it." Steve ordered.

    Rogue focused on her eyesight (it was a trick she had been working on since she found out about her enhanced senses) she caught sight of Sam's little flying thing. She wasn't sure what it was called. It flew straight to a garbage truck and went to the bottom of it.

    "How did no one see that thing?" Rogue wondered out loud.

    "It's special, like you," Sam joked and he got the results, "that truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed."

     "It's a battering ram," Natasha spoke.

     "Go now!" Steve ordered.

     "Why?" Wanda asked confused.