S E V E N

Rogue's eyes opened, she was in the truck. She didn't know she got there. All she remembered was the bomb going off... She sat up and saw Steve driving. Natasha was still asleep. 

     "You're awake," Steve said as he looked at her for a slight second with relief in his eyes, "good. I thought you were hurt from how long you were out. Now, all we need is Natasha. Are you okay?"

     "I'm not sure I have a slight ringing in my ear," she shrugged, "what happened?" Rogue asked as she buckled up.

     "They blew it up. Natasha and you passed out so I carried you both to the truck and got out of there." Steve explained.

     Natasha's eyes opened, she coughed as she looked around, "what the hell?" She asked and then she looked at Steve and knew what happened.

     "Where are we going?" Natasha asked.

     "DC." 

     "Isn't that where SHIELD... Hydra is?" Rogue asked.

    "Yeah, but, there is someone there I trust who can hide us for now," Steve explained and he continued driving.

~~~~~

     They arrived at a house, Rogue got out after Steve and Natasha, they came to the door and Steve knocked. The door opened revealing a young man Rogue didn't recognize...

      "Hey man," The man said to Steve.

     "I'm sorry about this, we need a place to lay low," Steve told him.

     "Everyone we know is trying to kill us," Natasha explained.

     "Not everyone," He moved aside so they could come in, they came in and he closed the door and shut the blinds...

     Rogue got dressed in a fresh set of clothes:

     Rogue sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror, she had her hood down, and she put the gray gloves on

     Rogue sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror, she had her hood down, and she put the gray gloves on. She needed them for sure. Rogue came out of the bathroom and into the living room where the man was. 

     "Oh hey," he smiled at her, "I'm Sam, by the way, Sam Wilson," he held out his hand.

     Rogue shook it, "Rogue."

     "Cool name. Is it a code name?" He asked as he leaned back.

     "How'd did you..."

      "Know? Well, I was in the army, sometimes they had codenames. Like mine was 'Falcon'," he explained to her. 

     "Well, in that case, yes. Rogue is a code name. My name is Marie if you really wanna know," She admitted with a smile.

     "Pretty name," he complimented, "well I just finished breakfast, I'm going to go get them," he said as he left the room. 

     Rogue sat down at the table and waited. Soon Steve and Natasha joined her, Sam served breakfast. She sat there in deep thought. Would the mutants be on Hydra's side? After all the humans did to the mutants back in her world... She doesn't think many would be on the human's side and them having freedom to hurt them again. The better question is would the X-Men be on their side? Probably not, Professor X believes in them. He would never allow more innocent to die...

     "So the question is who at SHIELD could launch a domestic missile strike?" Natasha began.

     "Pierce," Steve answered.

     "Isn't Pierce head of SHIELD?" Rogue asked.

     "Yes, he is. And he is also the man who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world," Natasha said.

     "But, he's not working alone. Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star." Steve inquired.

     "So was Jasper Sitwell." Natasha realized.

     "So the real question is: how do two most wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?" Steve asked.

     Rogue looked at Sam who had grabbed a file from the counter, "the answer is you don't," he said as he opened the file and handed it to them.

     "What's this?" Steve asked.

     "Call it a rèsumè."

     Rogue took a look and so did Steve and Natasha... 

     "Is this Bakhmala?" Natasha looked at Sam "the Khandil mission, that was you?" She asked surprised, "you didn't say he was pararescue." 

     Steve looked at the picture and at the other man, "is this Riley?" he asked.

     "Yeah..."

     "I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs. What'd you use? A stealth chute?" She asked.

     "No. These." He said as he handed another picture to them.

    "Impressive," Rogue grinned at Sam.

    "I know right, can't wait to show you too," Sam said as he winked at Rogue.

     "I thought you said you were a pilot?" He asked.

     "I never said Pilot." He laughed.

     "I can't ask you do this, Sam," Steve said, "you got out for a good reason."

     "Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in," Sam told him with a smile.

     "Where can we get our hands on one of these things?" Steve asked.

     "The last one is at Fort Meade. Behind three guarded gates and a 12-inch steel wall," Sam answered.

     "Shouldn't be that hard. Let's get em." Rogue said.

     Steve smiled at her admiring her for a second before he nodded, "let's go."