T W E N T Y S I X

As the Robots came at them, everyone did their part! Rogue electrified two of them and used her telekinesis to take out the one behind them! Vision ripped the robot from the inside! Steve flipped and kicked the bot before taking it out! Wanda hit it with her powers! Thor hit the bots with his hammer! Tony blasted them! Hulk ripped them apart! Clint shot them with his bow! Natasha shot them with her gun! And Pietro ran around taking them out as he went!

     Ultron flew in and Vision grabbed him hitting him, Ultron pushed him into the wall but Vision shot him with the Jem's power pushing him outside! Thor went outside and blasted him with lighting! And Tony flew out and blasted him as well! Soon Ultron was shutting down so they stopped.

    "You know, with the benefit of hindsight..." He didn't finish his sentence because Hulk punched him away! 

   Hulk turned to the last bots, they all turned and flew away!

   "They'll try and leave the city!" Thor announced.

   "We can't let them. Not even one," Tony said, "Rhodey!"

   "On it." 

   Rogue turned to Steve, she felt the air getting thinner, she knew it was getting to high up... 

    "We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air's getting thin," Steve told them, "you guys get to the boats. I'll sweep for stragglers. Be right behind you." 

   "What about the core?" Clint asked.

   "I'll protect it," Wanda spoke up "it's my job."

   Clint nodded, "Nat, Rogue, this way." He told them but Rogue stepped back as she turned to Steve.

   "You want me to leave you?" She asked.

    "Rogue, it's best you get on the boats, I'll catch up-"

    "I got your back, Steve," Rogue told him as she looked at Clint who gave her a concerned look, "go, we'll catch up."

     As Clint and Natasha raced off, Rogue just looked at Steve as he sighed, "why are you stubborn?" 

    She just shrugged.

    After a bit of sweeping and some leftover bots fighting them, Steve finally convinced her to go back, Rogue sighed as she actually agreed considering Thor had come to him. As she arrived she saw Clint alone getting people on the last of the lifeboats.

    "Where's Nat?" She asked.

    "Code Green," Clint told her simply.

    Rogue just nodded and got onto the lifeboat.

   "Costel, we were in the market..." A woman said, "Costel!" She yelled.

    Clint ran off the lifeboat when he saw the boy the woman was looking for in the rubble! Rogue followed him, he picked up a kid that she expected was Costel. 

    Suddenly, Ultron came flying in a jet shooting! Rogue jumped behind some rubble for cover as fast as she could but she was worried for Clint, she closed her eyes tightly terrified of the idea of death...

    Once, they stopped she stood up and saw Clint and the kid were fine... Pietro was in front of him... Full of bullet holes!

     Rogue and Steve ran up to Clint! He touched Pietro's shoulder but he was gone... Clint looked up at them... 

    "We gotta go, I'm so sorry," Rogue told him. He nodded and Rogue picked the boy up, Clint grabbed Pietro's body and pulled him onto the lifeboat. 

    Rogue gave the woman the boy, she went to the edge of the lifeboat and watched the city. Steve had the same thought and made sure there was no one else. Clint laid down on the seats next to Pietro's body... Rogue looked down, it still hurt, losing someone even if you didn't know them that well. Death. Death was her worst fear.

   Suddenly, the city started to fall! Steve jumped and almost didn't make it but Rogue grabbed his arm and pulled him up with all her strength! 

    She landed on her back out of breath next to Steve who was the same, the two looked at eachother before they stood up, the city was falling and it seriously looked like a meteor just like Ultron said!

    Suddenly, it blew up just like Tony said it would!

    Rogue and Steve shared a look. They knew it was Thor and Tony's doing... The lifeboat entered the helicarrier and Rogue went into the main part of it. She found a distressed Natasha and Nick Fury.

    "I'm glad you got out," Nick said when he saw her.

    "What would you do without me?" Rogue asked with a grin, she looked at Natasha, "are you okay, Nat?"

     "No, Bruce is gone," Was all she said before she walked off...

     Rogue was shocked by that. She knew Bruce would leave but not without saying goodbye or without Natasha...

    Vision flew down to the forest, the last Ultron was there. 

    "You're afraid." Vision said.

   "Of you?" Ultron asked.

    "Of death. You're the last one." Vision answered.

    "You were supposed to be the last. Stark asked for a savior and settled for a slave," Ultron shot at him.

    "I suppose we are both disappointments," Vision said.

    "I suppose we are." 

    "Humans are odd, they think order and chaos are somehow opposites and try to control what won't be. But, there is grace in their failings. I think you missed that." Vision told him.

     "They're doomed," Ultron said.

    "Yes. But a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts. It's a privilege to be among them." Vision explained.

    "You're unbearably naive." Ultron hissed.

    "Well... I was born yesterday." Was the last thing Vision said before taking out the last Ultron with the power of the mind stone...