T W E N T Y T W O

The Quinjet landed on a farm that only Clint, Natasha, and Rogue knew about. They all got out and started walking up to the house. Rogue stalked behind the rest with Bruce. They walked onto the porch.

      "What is this place?" Thor asked.

      "Safe house?" Tony suggested.

      "Let's hope," Clint said as he opened the door they all entered, "honey! I'm home." Clint announced.

     A pregnant woman came out of the kitchen... She came up to Clint and kissed him.

     "This is an agent of some kind," Tony said.

     "Gentlemen, this is Laura." Clint introduced.

     "I know all your names," Laura said nervously. 

     "Ooh, incoming," Clint said as two kids entered the room and jumped into his arms! "Hi, sweetheart. Hey, buddy." He told them as he hugged them.

     "These are smaller agents," Tony said.

     "Did you bring Auntie Nat?" The little girl asked.

     Natasha looked over and calmed herself down for the kids, "why don't you hug her and find out?" She asked as the girl jumped in Natasha's arms. 

     "Sorry for barging in on you," Steve said politely.

     "Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed," Tony added.

     "Yeah, well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off SHIELD files. I'd like to keep it that way." Clint explained.

     Natasha put Lila down, the girl looked over and saw Rogue, "Rogue!" She said excited and ran over and hugged her! Rogue smiled and hugged her back.

     "Hey, honey, how you doing?" Rogue asked.

     "Good, Nathanial is getting bigger mommy says." The girl says.

     "Ah, I see." Rogue winked at her. The girl giggled. Rogue looked over and saw Steve and Thor leave...

~~~~~

     Rogue had still had some clothes here from the last time she was here so she changed. She wore a long-sleeve green v-neck shirt, black leggings, and gray gloves. She put on some boots and went downstairs. 

     Rogue sat on the porch, she watched Steve and Tony while they talked and chopped would. Her mind raced with the dream. Would she kill everyone she loved? She believes she wouldn't but... What if... What if she did on accident? 

     Tony had given her something on the Quinjet... A device that she can strap to her wrists and it helps her control her Telekinesis without it making her shake. She thanked him, knowing it was the only way. But, she still wasn't sure. In the dream she couldn't have killed them all with just her absorbing powers, she must have... Used the Telekinesis too. What if this is the key to her killing them?

     "Rogue," She snapped out of it looking up, Steve was in front of her, she didn't notice she was floating a toy car next to her... She let it go and ran her hands through her hair. "You okay?"

     "I... Uh... No." She answered honestly.

     "Let's go for a walk," Steve offered she sighed and stood up. They started walking away from the house.

     "What did you see in the dream?" Steve asked.

    "I saw... The house. The school was in back in my world... I uh saw Logan... I hugged him and I didn't notice my gloves were off... I got his claws and I killed him..." She looked down "I turned around and I saw all the students and all the teachers dead... I stumbled and I was in the Avengers tower... You were all dead too. I killed all of you." She explained.