E I G H T E E N

Rogue got ready for the party. Once she was ready, she left her room and went to where it was. Upbeat music played while people and Rogue came down the stairs. She smiled at the fact that this was the victory they all leaned for the last year.

     Rogue went over to Tony and Thor who was talking to Rhodey and Hill. They listened to Rhodey's story. She had met Rhodey in the last year, he really cares about Tony and has an Iron Man suit that he calls War Machine. Honestly, she wonders why he isn't an Avenger with how good he is.

     "But, you know, the suit can take the weight, right? So I take the tank, fly it right up to the general's palace, drop it at his feet. I'm, like, 'boom. You looking for this?'." He said and no one laughed, Thor and Tony just stared at him as if they were waiting for him to continue and Rogue just took a sip of her drink, she expected more to the story to be honest, "boom. Are you looking for... Why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else, that kills."

     "That's the whole story?" Thor asked.

     "Yeah, it's a War Machine story." Rhodey said.

     "Oh, it's very good, then," Thor laughed lying trying to make him feel better, "it's impressive."

     "Nice save, Thor," Rogue commented.

     Rhodey sighed and decided to change the subject. "So, no Pepper? She's not coming?" He asked Tony.

     "What about Jane? Where are the ladies, gentlemen?" Hill asked.

     "I'm here, but, I agree. Where are the ladies?" Rogue asked with a grin looking at Thor and Tony. Whenever someone asks about them the two get into an argument about who's better.

     "Oh, Ms. Potts has a company to run," Tony starts.

     "Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in. Her work on the Convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer," Thor says.

     "Number one boyfriend," Rogue whispered to Hill who laughed lightly.

     "And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on Earth. It's pretty exciting." Tony continues.

     "There's even talk of Jane getting a, um, Nobel Prize." Thor shot back.

     "Yeah, they must be busy, because they would hate missing you guys get together," Hill fake coughed, "testosterone!"

     "Oh my goodness!" Rhodey said.

     "Excuse me," she says.

     "Want a lozenge?" Rhodey asked as he and Hill walked off.

     Rogue laughed as she took a drink, she walked off leaving Thor and Tony together which she thought would a GREAT idea. She went over to Sam who was sitting down, she sat next to him and he looked at her. 

     "Rogue, it's so good to see you!" Sam greeted.

     "Thanks, I missed you too," Rogue smiled, "it been a while." 

     The thing was that she liked Sam but relationships... After Bobby, it just wasn't worth it, whoever you date has expectations to kiss and touch and hold hands. She can't do any of that without almost killing them. So honestly, she should give up on any kind of nice future.

     "Yes, it has, a year and... three months I think," Sam counted.

    "I've been busy, you know, the whole Avenger thing," Rogue told him she looked around at all of her fellow Avengers. They seemed to be having fun.